Glover Peak Comments

DeanUntitled Comment

Looking good, always nice to see another Wyoming peak captured here at SP.
Posted Feb 17, 2005 7:24 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Nice work!
Posted Feb 17, 2005 10:20 am

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Very nice. I've got to get up to the Winds again and actually climb some of them.
Posted Feb 17, 2005 12:09 pm

Lee StammUntitled Comment

Lee Stamm

Nice page. Thanks for adding it to SP.
Posted Feb 17, 2005 1:23 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like a good hike and view point for Mts. Koven and Fremont. Gannet must be hiding behind some other eminence.
Posted Feb 17, 2005 5:53 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great page!

-Britt
Posted Feb 17, 2005 6:18 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Thanks you for adding another great page on a Wind River Peak.
Posted Feb 17, 2005 9:31 pm

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

Good work, I like the trivia section.
Posted Feb 17, 2005 10:14 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks for this well-written page for an interesting peak. What is local prominence?
Posted Feb 18, 2005 1:15 am

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Nice page! If you have them, I'd like to see even more pictures!

Question: when did you climb the peak--what time of year were your pictures taken? I notice you choose not to do anything with the Summit Log--your choice, of course, and certainly not mandatory, but you've put up so much work on the Winds this past few months it'd be good (as well as interesting) to see your personal history in this range. My assumption is you've spent a LOT of time gathering material over the years, and now--to the benefit of SP--it's coming together. Anyway, the Summit Log (or, of course, trip reports) is a good way to establish a time frame, and at the same time provide some depth to your expertise. Just my couple cents worth--and to repeat, it's your call.

Posted Feb 18, 2005 1:28 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Very nice page. The Wind Rivers collection on SP has been steadily growing - good to see.
Posted Feb 18, 2005 7:15 pm

lunkerjunkerGlover Peak

lunkerjunker

Nice to see this peak here, I was a bit surprised to find it. I climbed this with some friends in 95 or 96 while on a backpack fishing trip to the area. We were out fishing for the day and decided to give it go so we stashed our fishing gear and hiked up the soutwest ridge. Very cool. I remember a lot of large loose boulders. We descended through a saddle on the west side after a knife ridge traverse. Some pretty good exposure if I remember correctly. Love the Winds, awesome area.
Posted Apr 14, 2010 4:55 pm