Goat Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
mrchad9

mrchad9 - May 18, 2010 5:10 am - Hasn't voted

Elevation Data

The elevation listed on this page for Goat Mountain (12,212 feet) has been obtained from the current NGS Datasheet, and is more accurate than the 12,207 feet listed on the 1992 The Sphinx quad. More information on benchmarks and their elevations is available here.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - May 18, 2010 11:15 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice page

Thanks Mike- I appreciate that. It's a fantastic area to visit, well worth a trip when you have time.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - May 18, 2010 11:21 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful page, gorgeous area

Nicely done with great pictures. I want to go there now, too. Cheers, Guido

mrchad9

mrchad9 - May 18, 2010 11:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful page, gorgeous area

Wow thanks Guido! If this encourages folks to visit that's probably the best compliment I could get. It's definitely a wonderful area. Thanks for the comment.
Chad

EricChu

EricChu - May 18, 2010 2:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Me too...

...I hope to see this area someday with my own eyes after viewing your page!
Thanks for the work you did and cheers,
Eric

mrchad9

mrchad9 - May 18, 2010 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Me too...

Thank you Eric. I really appreciate the comments here. And if you come to California sometime I do hope you'll let me know.

calebEOC

calebEOC - May 19, 2010 12:21 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Page

great pictures, awesome page.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - May 19, 2010 10:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Page

Thank you very much. Glad you liked it!

boyblue

boyblue - Jun 11, 2010 7:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Enjoyed your page

Lot's of good info on a rather underrated (IMHO) peak. Maybe it's time to do another repeat climb. (Better get on the treadmill!)

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Jun 13, 2010 9:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Enjoyed your page

Thanks boyblue! Entirely agree it is underrated. I was quite pleased on the trip how scenic much of the route was, and the views from the summit are super.

robertsturner52

robertsturner52 - Aug 29, 2012 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Historical View

I believe that it is from this summit that the Whitney Survey Team named many of the key mountains in the area: Brewer, King & Gardiner, and the three Palisades, North, Middle, and South. It is one of the earliest peaks climbed by Brewer, Hoffman, King, & Gardiner in the Sierra, and from the summit these six mountains have prominence. All are visible in this beautiful panoramic photograph. When I was atop Goat Mountain it was late in the summer, so there was a lot less snow in the view. I recommend this summit to those who want a good view without any technical climbing beyond the rocky slope on the final ascent, but the climb, mostly by trail, is over 7,200 of steady elevation gain, a bit much for a day hike. I did come down from Goat Mountain in one day, though, after summitting in the morning.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Goat Mountain' main page