Gold Camp Road

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.78490°N / 104.8895°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike with minor scrambling towards the top
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up under 3 miles one way
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow directions to the Mt. Cutler trailhead in the Mt. Cutler trail route page. Continue past the Mt. Cutler trailhead and above Helen Hunt Falls to the end of the pavement to the gravel Gold Camp Road parking lot. This is the trailhead. Head uphill on Gold Camp Road for a little under two miles gaining about 300 feet in the process to the second large bend in the road.

Route Description


A faint trail heads down from the outside of the bend to Daniels pass losing about 250 feet in the process. You may have to do a little searching as the trail is not obvious from the road. From Daniels Pass the trail climbs about 500 feet to the summit with the last few hundred feet being the same route as the Mt. Cutler trail route.

Essential Gear


General hiking gear is appropriate as most of the route has southern or southwest exposure and remains relatively snow free except after recent snows.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.