Good Times

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.79500°N / 83.7042°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


If you are driving in from the Gorge loop from Nada Tunnel, drive 0.7 miles in a southward direction along KY 715 from the one-lane concrete bridge which crosses the Red River. Park on the left side of the road in a large pull-off. From your vehicle walk northward toward the concrete bridge for about 300". Just around the curve you will find a well developed-trail. Take this trail for an easy hike to the base of the wall when the approach meets the wall turn left and walk approximately 100". Locate a couple of dual cracks the form a very shallow chimney.

Route Description


Climb up a pair of cracks to a ledge to a ledge at the base of a slot. Chimney up to where the crack narrows to a hand sized crack. Move out on to the face on the right, then follow a second crack and veer to the left to a set of fixed anchors.

Essential Gear


Use a variety of gear. Slings, nuts, stoppers, hexes, and cams from small to medium (up to 3 or 4") in size.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.