Granite Peak East ridge

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 41.66830°N / 117.5882°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 27, 2004
[img:67780:alignleft:medium:]
I started the day in Medford, Oregon and drove to the trailhead by early afternoon. I couldn't dirve much past the intersection at the saddle because of the snow and mud. I parked just past the weather station.

I followed the road up the hill and through the boggy area. I managed to step on enough grass clumps to keep the water out of my boots, but it was wet and muddy. At the ridge line just follow the fence line up the hill. No problems ascending and the snow patches were soft enough to kick steps into. If you are climbing early in the morning these snow patches would probably be frozen and slippery. You would have to hike around them.

I didn't spend much time on top because there were dark clouds blowing in from the west. I hurried down but got caught with hail, lightning, wind, and rain. Fortunately I was more than half way down and off the most exposed part of the ridge. I was pretty wet when I got to my car. By the time I drove down to "Paradise" it was hot and they had no rain. Total hike was 3 hours, about 7 miles, and 1,772ft EG.
[img:67782:alignright:small:]


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Granite Peak (NV)Trip Reports