spenceUntitled Comment

spence

Thanks for adding this page. I enjoy exploring remote areas of Nevada. I guess that anything outside of Reno and Vegas would be considered “remote areas”.
Posted Oct 17, 2003 3:13 pm

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Glad to see another Nevada peak! Nice photos and descriptions!
Posted Oct 17, 2003 3:29 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dean,

Great page on a mountain in the corner of the country that has always fascinated me. Will make a trip there sometime this fall I hope (lots of nice peaks to bag there I think).

Radek
Posted Oct 17, 2003 3:33 pm

CornvallisUntitled Comment

Cornvallis

Another good page Dean!
Posted Oct 18, 2003 12:19 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I was wondering when someone was going to submit this mountain. When I was doing a search for Granite Peak, MT, I kept getting hits for Granite Peak, NV, so I knew it must be a popular peak. Good page!

Alan
Posted Oct 18, 2003 8:19 am

Paul BurkholderUntitled Comment

Paul Burkholder

Thanks for adding this page! I have been there more times than I can remember (at least 20, last time about 2 weeks ago) and I have never seen a summit register. Where is it? One small correction: The little town on the Oregon/Nevada border is spelled McDermitt.
Posted Oct 19, 2003 11:35 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Great page. Good job. Cheers William
Posted May 13, 2004 8:40 am

cmc56789Untitled Comment

cmc56789

NIce page, Thank you for posting it. I found it very helpful in planning my trip to climb it.
Posted Jun 16, 2005 4:21 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks for your vote. I am glad it proved helpful in your planning and that you enjoyed your visit. That is a long lonely stretch from Lakeview to the Chevron station at Paradise Valley turnoff. It is one that is scenic with all the great peaks you can see. I want to go back and get Duffer and Bloody Run peaks there in Nevada. Did you find the register on top and if so, was it in good shape?
Posted Jun 16, 2005 8:03 am

cmc56789Untitled Comment

cmc56789

I did find the register, and I also found your business card. I was the first to sign it so far this year. The old one is kind of beat up looking, but there is a new one that is in good shape. HIghway 140 is certainly one of the loneliest roads I have seen, which adds to this area's charm.
Posted Jun 16, 2005 2:03 pm

Andinistaloco10/10

Andinistaloco

I don't think you've missed anything here... great job and I liked the 'bonus' sections as well!
Posted Oct 3, 2006 6:36 pm

calebEOCHow would the approach be

calebEOC

in December or January? If I can scrounge up a 3 day weekend I might consider this.
Posted Nov 28, 2009 4:27 pm

DeanRe: How would the approach be

Hmmm, it is possible that there is snow up at that pass (Hinkley Summit pass) but perhaps the forest service (Humboldt National) could provide an answer. I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult a hike even with snow for someone with experience. I'd most likely go in the Paradise Valley way and drive as far as I could.
Posted Nov 29, 2009 6:14 am