Granite Peak Comments

Aaron JohnsonNicely Done

Aaron Johnson

Looks like Colorado's Lost Creek Wilderness-certainly the same type of strata. Very well assembled and written page!
Posted May 9, 2010 9:48 am

Alex WoodInteresting Page!

Alex Wood

A very nice page as always! Just another cool area in Utah that I will need to visit eventually...The list keeps stacking up
Posted May 9, 2010 1:00 pm

imontopI can only dream

imontop

that someday I can put a page together like this. Very, very nice! Where do you find the time? You and Melinda teaming up...dangerous.
Posted May 13, 2010 10:34 pm

mountaingazelleRe: I can only dream

mountaingazelle

Thanks Eric. This is a cool mountain and I’m sure you would like it. Wasatchvoyage did a great job on this page. I just added a little more info to it. Not really too dangerous!
Posted May 14, 2010 7:45 pm

imontopRe: I can only dream

imontop

Not dangerous? It's like the history and geology professors teaming up to write a thesis! :)
Posted May 14, 2010 10:30 pm

imontopRe: I can only dream

imontop

I was up on James Peak last saturday, and the Wellsville's looked like they had alot of snow on them still. You're such a dog, having friday's off! I did The Cone two years ago, but I went up Coldwater Canyon. I need to get on Box Elder this year for sure. Yeah, Melinda's pages are unbeleivable! They are so detailed. She could write a book on any given mountain!
Time is what we all need more of. I set a goal back in October to hit a peak once a month, and I've been successful so far. I feel if I don't do at least that, something is missing. So, I know exactly what you mean.
Posted May 15, 2010 9:11 am

lcarreauRe: I can only dream

lcarreau

Shoot, what's wrong with dreaming?

As long as you dream with a smile on your face ...

I agree, Melinda has an incredible gift with getting the information out. Same thing with "Wasatch Voyage."

I just returned from northern Utah. It was "so refreshing" to
see all that snow on the Oquirrhs, Wasatch and Stansburys.

I almost got in an automobile accident gazing up at Mount Nebo.

You folks should be "extremely" proud of yourselves for all you do in the outdoors, and recording your information here on SP.

- Larry of AZ

P.S. - But, what IS the story behind that BIG controversial billboard sign along I-15 (near the Lehi exit), that reads :

"SEDATE UTAH -

Laugh out loud again !!!"

(Did Dean have something to do with that one ???)
Posted May 30, 2010 10:34 pm