Viewing: 1-20 of 24 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dean,

Great page!

Makes me want to get into the Olympics at least once this season. Beautiful place.

You can add this - sorry, don't mean to be preaching :) - to the Olympic Peaks grouping.

Looking forward to more photos.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 2:35 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Radek, I've added it to the group. It is indeed a beautiful area and I am hopeful of getting Mt. Stone next month and OIympus next year. Thanks for your always nice comments and for the vote. I'm hopeful that Bob Bolton and Dennis Poulin will put up some of their Graywolf pics to supplement mine.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 3:01 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Very good page. It's always the lesser mountains that award the best views - a no brainer, of course, since from the highest summits you can't see .... the highest summits. Looking forward to the summit views....
Posted Aug 25, 2004 4:33 pm

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Great page, I feel like I've been to the summit with you.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 5:11 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Yeah, if I remember right, it was one scorcher of a day and we had our tongues hanging out gasping for.....

WATER. We need to get Mt. Stone and Mt. Olympus too. Thanks for the vote my friend, I'd be honored to hike with you any day.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 7:04 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Hey, it's as if you looked at my completion map and saw I was going to need info on this peak. Thanks for doing all the leg work. What are Deans for, right?
Posted Aug 25, 2004 5:47 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Your map looks good. No doubt about you completing Washington since you've already nailed most of the toughies. Here's a guy who is closing in on the finish line with just that nasty Skamania liner left.

Be sure to take plenty of pics when you do this one so you can post some here. Thanks for the vote.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 7:10 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Terry also doesn't have San Juan County (Constitution).

I've already had Bolton forward my email to Terry in case he wants to have company for Skamania Pinnacle, not that the climb requires a partner.

I'll be sure to get trigger happy with my camera if I should spot a grey wolf.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 7:35 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great information on an interesting peak. Good job and keep up the good work!
Posted Aug 25, 2004 6:04 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for your nice comments and for taking the time to vote.
Posted Aug 26, 2004 12:36 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Thanks a lot Dean I'll check the info. out...
Posted Aug 25, 2004 9:31 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Great page. Ferry ride spices up the experience.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 9:53 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

The ferry rides are what my wife enjoys the most, but not me, since I'm concerned that if the ferry sinks, I';ll lose a lot of valuable gear. Thanks for your vote and comments, the ferry service in this state is really special.
Posted Aug 26, 2004 12:46 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Quite a climb on a non-soggy day. Good view of Mt. Baker, benchmark and Puget Sound
Posted Aug 26, 2004 5:25 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you, it was a hot one but the view was special. I appreciate your vote.
Posted Aug 26, 2004 7:33 pm

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

Very well done! Great shots of the Needles and Olympus!
Posted Aug 29, 2004 4:34 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for the vote and comments. That is a neat area and one I really enjoyed despite the fact that we hit it on an extremely hot day. The Olympics are a great mountain arena and I'll be back there for more of it when I can.
Posted Aug 30, 2004 1:14 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Bill, do you ever fly over the Olympics? It'd be special to see this area from the air.
Posted Nov 14, 2004 9:55 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks once again for your vote. I think there is even a shot or two by your fellow Medfordite, Dennis P. It was one hot miserable day and our plans to do Mt. Stone the next day went down the tube as it was suppossed to be even hotter. Very unusual for the Olympic peninsula.
Posted Nov 14, 2004 10:07 pm

CornvallisUntitled Comment

Cornvallis

Nice, I really need to get up to the Olympics!
Posted Mar 18, 2005 12:09 am