Grays Peak

Grays Peak

A seldom seen view (because Mt Edwards is seldomly climbed...sigh) of Grays Peak...
rpace
on Sep 10, 2007 12:32 pm
Image ID: 335318

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Sep 10, 2007 1:36 pm - Voted 10/10

When did you go?

I was up there a week ago, but it was cloudier, so I doubt we were there the same day, but I'm just curious.

rpace

rpace - Sep 10, 2007 2:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: When did you go?

I was up there Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I'll be posting a trip report (hopefully) soon. It turned out to be a great route!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Sep 10, 2007 7:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: When did you go?

I was doing Ruby early on Sunday. I wonder if yours was one of four cars up near the end of the road. There was a group with some dogs, but they were heading up Grays, I think.

Anyway, I'll look out for the TR. I usually don't read TRs anymore, but I'll be interested to read about the summer conditions in the Edwardian since it's usually mentioned as a spring snow climb.

I did Edwards on Monday from Argentine Pass. I loved sitting alone (well, with my wife) on Edwards and counting all the people on Grays and Torreys. Glad when I did them I started before them and saw no one else until I was near the TH again.

rpace

rpace - Sep 14, 2007 7:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: When did you go?

Bob! I finally posted this TR. By the way, I didn't do the Edwardian, but I did come across another group that either did it, or another nearby gully. Regardless, they viewed it as a mistake, and I suspect the conditions on all routes on that side of mountain are similar in summer. I'd wait for spring. :)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4