OlympicMtnBoyStellar Page!

OlympicMtnBoy

Once again another great and wonderful addition to Summitpost. I appreciate your style of writing, and pointing out the details of an area. The Pines sound astounding! And as always, great great photos to make this place come alive on a computer screen! Thanks for sharing:)
Posted Oct 14, 2006 9:00 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Stellar Page!

Bob Sihler

Thank you for the comments here and on the photos. About that flowers shot-- as I put it up, I thought, "I bet OlympicMtnBoy will like this one." I'm glad I was right.
Posted Oct 15, 2006 4:06 pm

OlympicMtnBoyRe: Stellar Page!

OlympicMtnBoy

Yep, your getting to know what I like already!) As cool as mountains are, the details of nature are equally as massive in my opinion:)
Posted Oct 15, 2006 6:08 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Stellar Page!

Bob Sihler

Right you are. One quote I live by is from William Wordsworth's "Ode on Intimations of Immortality." The poem ends with, "To me, the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."
Posted Oct 15, 2006 6:19 pm

AndinoBravo

Andino

Remarkable !
Well done indeed.
Posted Oct 15, 2006 8:12 am

Bob SihlerRe: Bravo

Bob Sihler

Thank you very much!
Posted Oct 15, 2006 4:00 pm

keemaGreat Place

keema

Great page. I have been there once and loved it. I need to get back to Great Basin. I linked up a pic of Lexington Arch for the page
Posted Oct 17, 2006 1:39 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Great Place

Bob Sihler

Thank you for the comments and the addition!
Posted Oct 17, 2006 11:55 pm

mrwsierrawell done...

mrwsierra

sir. This inspires me to return to GBNP - haven't been there for more than 10 years.
Posted Oct 18, 2006 9:11 pm

Bob SihlerRe: well done...

Bob Sihler

Thank you so much. It's been almost 10 years since I first visited, and it hasn't changed in that time. In a world with wilderness always getting more crowded, GBNP is still an escape.
Posted Oct 19, 2006 2:37 am

rrhammCaverns

rrhamm

Your page really relays how special that place is. Do you know anything about any other caverns in the park besides Lehman Caves? Supposedly there are many others, though I cannot find any good references regarding them.
Posted Feb 6, 2007 4:22 am

Bob SihlerRe: Caverns

Bob Sihler

Thank you. I will look into that question and see what I can find. However, the only ones I know of right now are the Lehman Caves.
Posted Feb 6, 2007 1:04 pm

rrhammCaverns

rrhamm

Either at the visitors center or in the park brochure the NPS makes mention over "many other" caves that can be explored but doesnt give the locations away. I noticed one of the sub-canyons on the way up to Lexington arch is called cavern canyon or cave canyon or something like that. I will try to dig more up too and if I find anything I will let you know. Thanks.
Posted Feb 7, 2007 2:16 am

Bob SihlerRe: Caverns

Bob Sihler

I couldn't find anything useful doing some Internet searches, but I see you got some good replies with the forum post. That was a good idea. I hope you can check those places out.
Posted Feb 7, 2007 4:15 pm