Aaron JohnsonNicely Done

Aaron Johnson

An early visit has proven impressive. Text looks great. I knew this would be a good one when it was decided you two would join forces on it. Congratulations and thanks for this effort for SP.
Posted Feb 26, 2006 1:41 am

csmcgranahanGreat Job!

csmcgranahan

I've been to the dunes many times - I think you two have done it justice. I like all of the history. Makes me want to get back in May before the summer crowds hit. I love the view of the Dunes from the road to Zapata Falls - if I can make a good scan I will upload it to the page.
Posted Mar 25, 2006 11:58 pm

CRiedel2Good job!

CRiedel2

Went to the Sand Dunes back in April 2006. Great job with all the information and history on the park. The Dunes are indeed impressive! We didn't climb to the top, but planning on it next year when I go out there. I'll see how many pictures I have and maybe add a couple, but seems like you've got it covered.
Posted Aug 10, 2006 4:12 pm

Bob SihlerThanks

Bob Sihler

This is one of my favorite places, and the page is nicely done. Thank you for putting it up and taking your chances with the low-voters (see Kelso Dunes) who say dunes aren't worth pages.
Posted Oct 18, 2006 3:57 am

RyanSRe: Thanks

RyanS

I never even considered that this page mightn't receive a warm welcome. Maybe because I've classified this page as an Area (instead of a Mountain), I've fared better than that Kelso page?

Thank you kindly for your comments!
Posted Oct 20, 2006 2:12 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Thanks

Bob Sihler

You're welcome. And maybe you're right about the Area posting. I posted a page on the Eureka Dunes, earlier this week, and I ultimately chose to do it as an Area, too.
Posted Oct 20, 2006 9:58 pm

Mark DoironRe: Thanks

Mark Doiron

Uh-oh! I just added High Dune as a mountain attached to this page. Guess I'll take a bruising from the pursists, huh? Maybe instead of calling them "mountains and rocks" we should just call them "summits". :-)

--mark d.
Posted Dec 8, 2006 6:53 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Thanks

Bob Sihler

You'll have my support for your page, for what it's worth. High Dune and Star Dunes are "permanent dunes," and climbing them is harder than climbing some mountains.
Posted Dec 9, 2006 12:11 am