Grosser Daumen Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
nattfodd

nattfodd - Aug 14, 2009 1:18 pm Date Climbed: Aug 14, 2009

Hindelanger Ferrata  Sucess!

A nice day out, though the views were fogged up and the wind was so strong that I couldn't stay very long and enjoy the summit.

schmid_th

schmid_th - Sep 8, 2006 1:13 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2004

Traversing the via ferrata from Nebelhorn to Grosser Daumen  Sucess!

Interesting via ferrata which makes a lot of fun and is sometimes airy.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 15, 2006 10:14 pm

Nebelhorn cable car - Koblat - Daumen  Sucess!

Took the cable-car to the central station, traversed Koblat to hike up to Grosser Daumen. At the time I was still scared of heights so the trails around the summit scared the hell out of me. The descent to Engeratsgrundsee was steep and brittle - we were glad when we arrived at the lake.

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Oct 7, 2005 2:01 pm

Route Climbed: ski route from Giebelhaus - Schwarzenberghuette Date Climbed: January 24th 1999  Sucess!

a nice winter weekend on the more lonely side of the mountain. My friend had to work long so we arrived in the evening at Hinterstein and had to walk long and flat to Giebelhaus restaurant and along the sleigh run to Schwarzenberg hut. The other day we climbed Daumen as only group - but we met many that came from Nebelhorn via Koblat. Nice slopes for downhill but some caution for avalanche risk was necessary. I had forgotten my gloves and had to use socks instead!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Grosser Daumen' main page