Grossglockner Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
filova

filova - Nov 28, 2003 4:36 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ski descent description in German at www.bergsteigen.at/berichte/pallaski/pallaski1.html

filova

filova - Dec 3, 2003 9:06 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

We succeded on May 4, 2003 in ski-descending of Pallavicinirinne from Grossglockner (N-Face). We were 5 skiers from Slovakia (4 man and 1 woman): Iva Filova (female skier), Martin Jurik, Miro Zavodsky, Bohus Stofan and me (Rasto Krizan). It is not steeper than 50 degrees. Since Friday (May 2) we were waiting for better weather and suitable snow conditions at the Glockner Biwak Schachtel. "Fortunately" on Friday and on Saturday it was snowing and there was a strong wind. As a result snow was glued on the icy surface of the couloir making it possible to overcome unfriendly icy parts. On Sunday at 7H00 in the morning, we left the Schachtel. After 2 hours we reached the top part of the snowy section of the couloir and started descending. At the beginning the snow was dangerously wet and unstable because of long sun exposure. Lower we went the better surfface we were encountering. At 11H00 we were all back in the Biwak Schachtel. That was not the first time we were there trying to make this ski descent. Me and Bohus Stofan, 5 years ago, made first attempt, but the surface was extremely icy, impossible to ski down. Bohus recently made second fully winter attempt (in December) but found the same unfriendly conditions in the couloir.

dmiki

dmiki - Oct 10, 2007 10:50 am - Hasn't voted

broken link

The http://basislager.ch/az/nord.php link is broken

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Oct 10, 2007 1:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: broken link

basislager does not exist any more - I changed the links to www.gipfelbuch.ch. Thank you for your note!

dmiki

dmiki - Oct 11, 2007 7:53 am - Hasn't voted

A possible link for weather conditions

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/berg-wetter/oesterreich/kaernten/grossglockner

Diego SahagĂșn

Diego SahagĂșn - Dec 31, 2007 6:11 am - Hasn't voted

Sorry...

Mathias,

Erzherzog-Johann hut (3454 m) link doesn't work.

http://www.tiscover.at/guide/5,de,SCH1/objectId,IND472486at,curr,EUR,parentId,ACC105067at,season,at1,selBlk,ADDPGBLK,selElem,BKE9VYat/intern.html

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Grossglockner' main page