Hahns Peak Comments

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Already now voted because I know that would be nice page!!
Posted Jan 11, 2005 4:24 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

I'm sure this will be a good one, Scott, nice to see you getting out in your new environs.
Posted Jan 11, 2005 4:29 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

The book "History of the Elkhead Mountains places Hahns Peak as the easternmost summit of the Elkheads. The Forest Service also says its the Elkheads. Other than that, I don't know.
Posted Jan 11, 2005 4:57 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Excellent, I think that's exactly what I needed, thanks Scott!

I'm pulling that questions from the main vote. For reference, if anyone's interested, here's the question I posed to Scott:

"I had a question, though. In working on the list of Colorado's most prominent peaks (I've been working to extend this list this winter.... Hahns stands at #135 on the list, if you're curious), I've had trouble with this area. How to decide whether Hahns is in the Park Range, the Sierra Madre, or the Elkheads has been a dilemma. How'd you determine that Hahns was in the Elkheads? I've been debating over other peaks in the area -- Meaden Peak, Elk Mountain, and Pilot Knob to name a few -- as well, and I just can't see any clear-cut boundaries between these three ranges. Any help would be appreciated! Maybe you've heard from some of the locals as to what they call the Elkheads?"
Posted Jan 11, 2005 6:13 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

What a beautiful place! Looks like a good challenge in winter. Looking foward to your update in the summer!

Posted Jan 11, 2005 6:24 pm

coloradoiceclimberUntitled Comment

coloradoiceclimber

Good work man! I will probably call you in the Spring when I go to put up my peak and get you to walk me through the weather link. Jared
Posted Jan 11, 2005 8:24 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice trip report. Nice photos. To post the weatherlink, its just a cut and paste from timetemperature.com .
Posted Jan 12, 2005 10:54 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

This'll be a great page! Nice work and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Jan 11, 2005 11:06 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Very nice. It's amazing how rare E-W mountain ranges are. Seems somehow contradictory... Can't wait to see the non-blizzard conditions photos.
Posted Jan 12, 2005 11:34 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Hopefully you will return in the summer to update the page and make it fully complete for both winter and summer.

Spell check your route page....a spelling error at the bottom.
Posted Jan 12, 2005 2:29 pm

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

Well designed page with good info. Nice work!
Posted Jan 12, 2005 10:55 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Nice, well-designed page. It must have been an interesting outing. Thanks for posting!
Posted Jan 13, 2005 6:50 am

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Nicely done page and good overview section.

Can I rent the 2 dogs?
Posted Jan 13, 2005 3:12 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page!
Posted Feb 5, 2005 8:16 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice area and a superb page.
Posted Aug 24, 2005 12:25 pm