Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jun 18, 2009 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautimus Bob!

Great idea for a route page.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 18, 2009 9:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautimus Bob!

Thanks, Bill. You'd like this trip if you haven't done it before.

I'll be in the Winds in just over a week from now, though not in this spot. Can't wait!

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jun 18, 2009 10:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautimus Bob!

Yeah, it looks like a classic and I have looked at it, just haven't got to it yet. I know Nelson did it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you have a great trip and say hi to the mosquitoes for me.

Nelson

Nelson - Jun 22, 2009 8:06 am - Voted 10/10

Great suggestion

... that my friend and I do this trip last year. It was indeed superb, one of my best backpacks ever. I'd would return without hesitation.

Thanks for adding some of my shots to the page.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 22, 2009 1:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great suggestion

Thanks for adding the album and commenting here, Nelson. I got your PM, too-- enjoy Paria Canyon. That will surely be awesome. I once hiked part of Buckskin Gulch, which you probably know feeds into Paria. It was a spectacular set of narrows. I'll be in the Winds this weekend, though not in the Hailey-Washakie area this time.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful!

This is a spectacular option, Mark, and easy to make 4-7 days out of. Other great options in the Winds are, of course, Titcomb Basin, Cirque of the Towers, and the Glacier Trail. The first two are justifiably popular, but you will not find much in the way of solitude; if you pick the wrong time, they may be downright packed. The Glacier Trail has great variety, but until the very end, it doesn't get really into the high heart of the range the way the others do.

The Washakie-Hailey Loop will give you tons of alpine scenery, peaks that fit your interests, and a lot more solitude, especially out Hailey Pass way.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Hailey and Washakie Passes' main page