Bill ReedBeautimus Bob!

Bill Reed

Great idea for a route page.
Posted Jun 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Beautimus Bob!

Bob Sihler

Thanks, Bill. You'd like this trip if you haven't done it before.

I'll be in the Winds in just over a week from now, though not in this spot. Can't wait!
Posted Jun 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Bill ReedRe: Beautimus Bob!

Bill Reed

Yeah, it looks like a classic and I have looked at it, just haven't got to it yet. I know Nelson did it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you have a great trip and say hi to the mosquitoes for me.
Posted Jun 18, 2009 10:10 pm

NelsonGreat suggestion

Nelson

... that my friend and I do this trip last year. It was indeed superb, one of my best backpacks ever. I'd would return without hesitation.

Thanks for adding some of my shots to the page.
Posted Jun 22, 2009 8:06 am

Bob SihlerRe: Great suggestion

Bob Sihler

Thanks for adding the album and commenting here, Nelson. I got your PM, too-- enjoy Paria Canyon. That will surely be awesome. I once hiked part of Buckskin Gulch, which you probably know feeds into Paria. It was a spectacular set of narrows. I'll be in the Winds this weekend, though not in the Hailey-Washakie area this time.
Posted Jun 22, 2009 1:40 pm

MarkDidierBeautiful!

MarkDidier

Great page and route suggestion. I like the idea of having so many short side trip options.

This area is on the short list for next year, but I'm still pretty early in the research stage. It's going to be pretty frustrating deciding what to do with just one short week - too many beautiful options in the Winds! (And yes, I won the debate for 2011 destintation choice.)
Posted Dec 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Beautiful!

Bob Sihler

This is a spectacular option, Mark, and easy to make 4-7 days out of. Other great options in the Winds are, of course, Titcomb Basin, Cirque of the Towers, and the Glacier Trail. The first two are justifiably popular, but you will not find much in the way of solitude; if you pick the wrong time, they may be downright packed. The Glacier Trail has great variety, but until the very end, it doesn't get really into the high heart of the range the way the others do.

The Washakie-Hailey Loop will give you tons of alpine scenery, peaks that fit your interests, and a lot more solitude, especially out Hailey Pass way.
Posted Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm