Hamlin Peak Comments

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Not a bad start, but I think you should put this UNDER CONSTRUCTION. There are no routes and no photos.
Posted Oct 17, 2005 1:25 pm

Seth MaciejowskiUntitled Comment

Seth Maciejowski

I need some pictures of this one. I've hiked the keep ridge and saddle trails in the winter and climbed the north face route, but I have no pics. Please send any if you have them.
Posted Oct 17, 2005 1:43 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Promises to be a cool page. Waitin for the pix. Did the Table Wall on this one(actually across from Hamlin beneath the North Peaks).
Posted Oct 17, 2005 1:36 pm

Seth MaciejowskiUntitled Comment

Seth Maciejowski

Trying to dig up pics. I've only climbed this one in heavy overcast so it is tough.
Posted Oct 17, 2005 2:30 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

A promising start - it's nice to get an ice climber's perspective.

There are more ways to reach the peak, and more camping options, than you've mentioned - the Northwest Basin trail springs to mind. Keep in mind that most visitors to this page will be planning a summer trip. In summer you can camp at Katahdin Stream, for example, and either drive to Roaring Brook in the morning, or reach Hamlin via Baxter Peak and the Saddle.

Your text refers in places to existing web pages (eg the Katahin page). Turn these into actual HTML links. See the Summitpost FAQ if you need HTML help.

Photos are pretty much required for a new page. Fortunately I've got a couple (most of which I posted to my Hamlin Ridge Trail route on the Katahdin page) that I can submit here, and others probably do too.

Which raises the big question: have you discussed this page with the maintainer of the Katahdin page? I think it's not too hard to make a case that Hamlin can have its own page, but it'd be polite to discuss it first (ideally, on the Eastern US message board, so others can chime in).

This page could stand on its own if you continue to work on it, but what you have now might also fit in as one or two new Routes on the Katahdin page.
Posted Oct 17, 2005 2:03 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

It looks a lot better. More images would help.
Posted Oct 17, 2005 5:24 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

The post could use a few more photos, maybe a map and some links. But a great first summitpost! We can't have too many eastern summits.

Posted Oct 17, 2005 8:06 pm

Rob AUntitled Comment

Rob A

All it needs is a few more pic's.
Posted Oct 17, 2005 9:35 pm

Rob AUntitled Comment

Rob A

Hey Seth,

I was wondering if I could use some of you pics to help me with a speech that I have to give for a class. See this thread for more info.

Later, Rob
Posted Feb 9, 2006 1:46 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

I'm in disbelief that this mountain wasn't written on before. Nice page but may want more photos though.
Posted Oct 18, 2005 7:04 pm

injektiloUntitled Comment

injektilo

Nice page for a nice mountain. I love Hamlin!
Posted Nov 8, 2005 4:45 pm