Heart Creek Rock Climbs Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Brad F

Brad F - Apr 7, 2014 12:35 pm Date Climbed: Apr 4, 2014

Heart Creek Ice WI3  Sucess!

Climbed the ice smears just before the actual falls. Ice was buried under a foot of wet snow. Other than that, great little climb to introduce new ice climbers to climbing or even to teach lead climbing.

sobrien

sobrien - May 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Scrambling  Sucess!

A great mountain to scramble up with a few choices for descent. The climbing in the canyon is lots of fun, from 6 pitch sport routes to super run out trad routes at Heart slab. Fun climbing close to calgary and canmore.

pvalchev

pvalchev - Dec 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Route Climbed: many Date Climbed: various  Sucess!

Good area to play around close to Calgary/Canmore, especially nice on overly hot summer days as the canyon keeps you cool.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Dec 18, 2005 11:42 am

Route Climbed: Many... Date Climbed: 2002--on

Heart Creek is close, I have been there a lot over the years. Funny story, once two of us were back there without another human even at the parking lot. We were done climbing at the Solstice and I took my partner back to the end of the canyon to show her where the ice route forms. On our way back we ran into a horse with no halter or markings of any kind. This is not a place for a horse to hang out. We tried to catch it with our climbing rope and bring it out, but no such luck. It was a pretty funky moment really. The rangers eventually retrieved it.

Probably the best of the Canmore crags to learn on. If you are in town and need someone at the end of a rope, send me an email.

The best climbing is the upper crag where you lower to start the routes. You have to gain well over 1000' to get up there. Challenging routes, nice textured rock. Cheers.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Heart Creek Rock Climbs' main page