rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice.
Posted Mar 22, 2004 12:36 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Great page. Thanks for submitting!
Posted Mar 22, 2004 8:02 am

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Well done.
Posted Mar 22, 2004 10:25 am

Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

very interesting
Posted Mar 22, 2004 11:12 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Charles,

I am heading to High Point (New Jersey) tomorrow, as well as Mt. Marcy. I will add to the site when I return, including photos with my new digital camera, and maybe some added information. I'll beef up the site for you. The area seems like it is very pretty.
Posted Jul 9, 2004 11:04 am

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Definitely pretty (at least for something within a hundred miles of NYC). More photos and such would be great. My only experience in the area was in the dead of winter and mostly in the wee hours at that.
Posted Jul 9, 2004 2:11 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Charles, I just hiked HighPoint, NJ, and the Appalachian Trail goes towards the summit for a mile, and then turns away from the summit. I had to turn back, and then turn off the AT, go down the road, and go up the road to the summit. There were trails, to the summit from off the AT. I can't tell you exact directions, because your directions kind of got me lost, no offense. Since you are the maintainer, you should probably find a website that showes correct directions, or specify your directions, or get rid of them or else others will get lost. Thanks.
Posted Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

No problem and thanks for pointing out the deficiencies. Like I said, it was dark at the time and about 2am. I'll see what I can find.
Posted Jul 12, 2004 3:23 pm

JerseyJoshUntitled Comment

JerseyJosh

Do you know if ther are cliffs that could be top-oped near High Point?

Thanks

Josh
Posted Nov 20, 2005 6:02 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

No idea, sorry. We camped on a small bluff a couple miles 'south' of the road crossing near High Point, but I don't remember if it was steep enough or tall enough to top rope. The bluff was on the eastern side above a small pond.
Posted Nov 21, 2005 10:04 am

cbuckerGreat Page

cbucker

Good job on one of my favorite areas to camp/hike with the family.
Posted Sep 25, 2007 10:36 am

pablogood !

pablo

Thanks for this page , helped me to have some fun in my business trip to New Jersey. Although freezing it was an excellent short hike.
Posted Jan 21, 2008 9:34 am