ScottRe: of course a lot more

Scott

Tahnks for the comments. I may put that info back in. Actually, I took it out so as not to be redundant with the mountain pages (see below):

Thread

Things I took out were trailheads, access roads, and weather links. In the place I added the personal favorites and the hiking and climbing overview. I may add some more back in, but I didn't want it cut and paste it from the mountain pages! Finding out how much to post without being redundant is a challenge! I'll work on it more, an let you know when I am finished.
Posted Mar 6, 2006 3:19 pm

ScottRe: of course a lot more

Scott

I added more on the seasons. Actually, I think I will add the winter road closures section to this page, but I may add it under a fact sheet. Will let you know when it's done.
Posted Mar 6, 2006 8:34 pm

imontopA winner!

imontop

You got great stuff Scott. Can't wait till August.I'm doing the Highline from Chepeta to Mirror. Taking ten days though. Keep up the good work!
Posted Apr 18, 2006 3:24 am

Dave KHelpful page

Dave K

Thanks for posting it Scott.
Posted Jun 7, 2007 3:12 pm

Dmitry Prusscoords

Dmitry Pruss

Scott, for some reason this page shows coordinates in AZ now. I have a feeling that it used to have correct ones ... maybe lost on editing at some point?
Posted Apr 14, 2008 3:31 pm

ScottRe: coords

Scott

It's fixed now. Not sure what happened there.
Posted Apr 26, 2008 10:04 am

Matt LemkeConditions

Matt Lemke

I am planning a 12 day Uintas traverse from Chepeta to Mirror, most of it cross country. I was hoping someone would be able to give me any information about the average conditions in the Uintas in the first two weeks of June. I have looked at many pages on the internet and got everything from completly dry to snowed in on June 1st. Any insight from locals who know how the Uintas tend to be in June would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
Posted Apr 19, 2010 11:50 am

ScottRe: Conditions

Scott

I'm sure you know that there is a trail covering the route, but which cross-country route are you taking? It will help answer the question better.

Even though it's been a drier than normal year, there will be quite a bit of snow for sure. Rocky Sea Pass and (especially) Deadhorse Pass will most likely require an ice axe. Other passes aren't as problematic. The road to Chepeta Lake may or may not be open in early June.

Posted Apr 20, 2010 11:22 pm