Hilgard Mountain (UT) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Udink

Udink - Aug 2, 2020 12:14 pm Date Climbed: Jul 19, 2020

Hilgard Mountain  Sucess!

I camped at the pass to the north the previous night, then hiked up the north ridge early in the morning to beat the heat. There was a brand-new summit register in the mailbox that had been placed the previous day by Richard L. Carey and Shelley Rogers, and two others had signed it that same day.

voxnihili

voxnihili - Aug 19, 2018 3:15 pm Date Climbed: Aug 16, 2018

Southwest Approach  Sucess!

Walked up from near U M Creek, caught the old trail towards Willies Flat and hiked North from the saddle. Nice to finally go up a peak I've been eyeing from a distance for years.

Garon Coriz

Garon Coriz - Jun 11, 2018 1:42 pm Date Climbed: Jun 5, 2018

Northwest Ridge  Sucess!

Extremely pleasant hike to a remote peak. Excellent views from New Mexico to Mount Nebo in the north. Hardly any wind with blue bird skies. Classic!

edevart

edevart - Jun 24, 2017 1:41 pm Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2017

Fun short summit  Sucess!

Fun short hike from the pass to the north. Took about 45 minutes to summit from the road. Got a little too much elevation right off the bat and ended up doing some bushwacking.

scgrant

scgrant - Jun 20, 2016 11:24 pm Date Climbed: Jun 9, 2016

Hilgard  Sucess!

Drove up to near the pass. A few downed trees blocked progress the last half mile or so. Descended more or less the NW ridge. Some snow, some mud, some bushwhacking but more or less a great route. Utah P2k #74, did 1000 Lake Mountain later in the day.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Dec 3, 2014 7:12 pm Date Climbed: Oct 28, 2014

Nice hike  Sucess!

Beautiful fall day. Also did Peak 10860.

Kadee

Kadee - Dec 16, 2008 12:03 pm Date Climbed: Jun 15, 2008

Original  Sucess!

You can see my original climber's log in Dean's picture of the summit register on the main page. :-)

Dean

Dean - Jul 17, 2008 9:18 am Date Climbed: Jul 6, 2008

North ridge  Sucess!

My son in law from Oregon and I made this the second hike of the day (after 1000 Lakes Mtn). Things went well until shortly after we summitted, the weather turned and thunder started booming. Needless to say, we beat a hasty retreat down to our vehicle but not before we got a good dousing of rain. A nice hike, one I'd happily return to repeat, just to spend more time in the area.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Hilgard Mountain (UT)' main page