Hirschsteine

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.04870°N / 7.01900°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike with some steep crossings
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Startpoint is the col de la Schlucht, 33 km from Colmar through the vallée de Munster or 13 km from Gérardmer (D 417)

Overview


This route doesn't climb on the summit of the Hohneck but crosses the wild Hirschsteine, a cable route much less busy as the near Sentier des Roches. Highly recommended !

Red Tape


The route crosses the natural reserve of Frankental - Missheimle

Route Description


SCHLUCHT - SPITZENFELS - HIRSCHSTEINER - BAERENBACH - SCHUPFEREN - SCHANTZWASEN - TANET - HAUT FOURNEAU - GR 5 - SCHLUCHT

From the Schlucht collar, wald in northern direction on the steep GR 5 (red rectangles). At the first crossing, go to the right to the Spitzenfels (blue rectangles), a rock group in dominant position over the collar road with a beautiful view over the Hohneck Massif.

Follow then the yellow triangles to the Hirschsteine (Stag rocks). These rocks can be crossed with the help of cables and a huge metallic ladder.

You reach Baerenbach (peat-bog). Follow the yellow disc to Schupferen and the Tanet (ski-resort).

From here take left the path to the summit of the Tanet and hike back to the Schlucht by following the GR 5 (crest path). You pass near the rocks of Wurtzelstein and Missheimle.

Essential Gear


No gear is necessary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

HohneckRoutes