desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Nice pinnacle above the Merrimack River just north of Manchester. Could be done with two hour lunch break!

Historical because you are in the footsteps of H.D. Thoreau.
Posted Mar 31, 2004 7:46 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Thank you very much. To me this summit is like a little piece of chocolate that warms the tastebuds for higher summits.
Posted Apr 7, 2004 12:57 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Looks nice ...
Posted Apr 1, 2004 3:23 am

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Thank you very much for the vote.
Posted Apr 7, 2004 1:11 pm

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Nice Page.
Posted Apr 1, 2004 10:31 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Nice page, one I'll probably never climb though, but good to add to growing list of mountains.
Posted Apr 1, 2004 4:51 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Thank you very much. I saw the edit to the page. Also I added a link to the Mt. Lafayette Page.

-Eastking
Posted Apr 7, 2004 1:10 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

I really enjoy these pages of obscure eastern peaks where locals can get out and enjoy some mountaineering.

Posted Apr 1, 2004 5:38 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice.
Posted Apr 2, 2004 4:49 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Thank you very much. To me this summit is like a little peak of chocolate that warms the tastebuds for higher summits.
Posted Apr 7, 2004 12:51 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page! Nice photos too. Great work!

I'll be in New Hampshire from the 17 of June to the 24 of June. I'll be staying in Waterville Valley. I'm going with my girlfriend and she's never done any big summits so we want to do Washington. Here's our plan:

1. First decent day: Monroe, Washington, and Clay via Ammonoosuc Ravine/Jewell-possibility of adding Jefferson if she's not too tired.

2. On our next decent day we have some options: Mt. Adams and Madison, or the Franconia Ridge, or North and South Twin.

If we're lucky we'll be able to get a third day in because we'll be with her parents and we don't want to push it too much.

If you have any suggestions or are maybe interested in doing any of the above, just drop me a line because I'd certainly be interested. It would be great to meet up with you since you're a seasoned veteran from the area. But just send me an e-mail and I'll keep in touch :)

Nice page and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Jan 29, 2005 10:36 am

ghallahanStatus 2010

Construction was mostly the water company putting in a new road to put in a new well. Been some construction across the valley, but overall the view is still as great as 2005
Posted Oct 12, 2010 10:42 pm

tomparnellInfo on the Hooksett Pinnacle

"Property History
As outlined in the town's 2004 Master Plan - the Pinnacle, a rock outcropping with an elevation of 450 in the Hooksett Village area; first acquired prominence in the writings of Henry David Thoreau. Thoreau spent a week in the general vicinity of
the Pinnacle traversing and writing about the Merrimack River and its valley.

This unique rock formation is on private land owned by Arthur Locke's Estate. The area comprises approximately 26 acres and has the potential to provide passive recreation opportunities.

The owner has already made provisions with the Hooksett Village Water Precinct Commission to Protect the adjacent Pinnacle Pond area, but this would provide an added benefit of keeping the Hill and municipal wells near the pond from contamination. The Town of Hooksett should work cooperatively with the owner of the property to provide limited public access for passive recreation.”

Source: http://www.merrimount.com/exit11development/pinnacle_hill.html

There is a nice concept plan with topo map on this site. This info is dated so I'm not sure where the town stands with regards to this property or if it's even accessible by the public, this is private land still, owned by the estate of Mr. Locke.
Posted Mar 2, 2011 8:20 pm

EastKingRe: Info on the Hooksett Pinnacle

EastKing

Thank you very much for the update I will be putting this on the page.
Posted Mar 3, 2011 11:32 pm