How well honed is the knife...

How well honed is the knife...

How well honed is the knife edge? Perhaps this photo shows it. The climbing along the edge is low to mid 5th Class and has good holds--mostly. I chevalled a short section. I'm not sure what style Tony employed. We did not climb over the top of the leaning horn beyond. We went high on its left flank (5.7) July 23, 2005.
Klenke
on Jul 24, 2005 8:07 pm
Image ID: 116373

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Jul 24, 2005 9:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Exposure...

I really liked this section when we climbed it, the rock crest was so narrow. What did you think of the route?

Klenke

Klenke - Jul 24, 2005 10:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Exposure...

The route is a good one. Definitely the technical climbing highlight of my year thus far. The knife-edge arete was just one of several interesting sections. For instance, the rappel off the gendarme was interesting--more so the rap anchor and scrambling out to it than the rappel itself. The crux pitch was actually fairly easy--or at least was easier for me than a move we had to make to get to the top of the rappel gendarme--a dyno lieback move (5.8?).



A trip report.

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Jul 25, 2005 9:48 am - Voted 10/10

Good TR...

That's a fun TR to read, nice extra photos too. Why don't you post some descent BETA on the page and I'll incorporate it into the main text; my experience was only on the W Ridge descent.

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 27, 2005 12:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good TR...

I added an East Ledges route page. So, as for incorporating descent beta, you can simply point to it. That will be easiest.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4