Hurwal Divide Comments

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Cool page. Hope you get some pics though. I'll look through some of mine to see if I have any. Thought about doing this one as an extension of the ridge from Matterhorn/Sacajawea saddle but didn't have the time (or energy). I think you might also be able to do a south ascent (although it would be a scree slog) up from Ice Lake.
Posted Nov 12, 2002 3:58 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Thanks for the vote (& advice & help on my other stuff). Any pics you have would be great since viz was way low when I was there & I don't have any good pics. I almost didn't put this up because H-D is really pretty dull and non-descript from a mountaineering perspective ... but it does have the advantages of being darn high by Oregon standards & off the beaten path.
Posted Nov 13, 2002 2:29 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

I added a couple of pics. Note that they're not much better than the one my brother took, but Hurwal is not very photogenic from the west side. I also added a couple of good pictures to the Twin Peaks page. - Cory
Posted Apr 10, 2003 2:59 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Like the pics. Thanks. Sorry I never did find any of mine that I could add but hoping to get out there again later this year to get some more. Such a great area!
Posted Apr 10, 2003 5:08 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Good work, the new images are better than none. Cheers
Posted Nov 14, 2002 11:35 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice page!
Posted Nov 16, 2002 11:40 am

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

I added a couple of pics... finally. They aren't much, but the day we actually climbed Hurwal it was a big August snowstorm so vis was way low. - Cory
Posted Apr 10, 2003 3:03 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Great page. Alot of information, that is well organized !!!! ????Photos???, but then I guess that its MY problem. Thank you for investing your Time, to supply all of this information and for Caring enough to Share it with all of us. We are all Safer and Happier for your efforts !!!
Posted Jan 10, 2003 9:46 am

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

My pics have been added (first pic was my brother's...and mine aren't any more artistic...but Hurwal is not a good art subject from the west side.) - Cory
Posted Apr 10, 2003 3:05 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice page and after doing Sacajawea on

9-27-03, I gained some appreciation for this amazing mountain ridge. It is extensive and I wondered if anyone had traversed it for its full length. In order to do it up right, I should have taken a panoramic pic of about 5 frames stitched together. This H.D. is amazing.
Posted Sep 28, 2003 8:57 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Thanks for the vote. I have corresponded with people interested in the traverse, and even considered it myself, but I'm not aware of anyone who has done it. I viewed the section between Chief Joseph and Hurwal from both ends and it's definitely doable. There is a pinnacle on the south ridge of Hurwal that may be interesting, but I've only looked at it through binoculars from the summit of Matterhorn. - Cory
Posted Sep 30, 2003 11:12 am