Illinois Peak Comments

txmountaineer

Good page!
Posted Mar 19, 2005 3:34 pm

nebbenUntitled Comment

nebben

Ha, thanks Dan! =)

I'm sick today, so I figure it's time to go through my pictures and figure out what to do with them.
Posted Mar 19, 2005 3:40 pm

txmountaineerUntitled Comment

txmountaineer

Hopefully not too sick! I just got back from a trip to the SE, so I'm adding pics and pages to my website and SP.org. What do your climbing plans look like during the rest of the year?

Daniel
Posted Mar 19, 2005 5:04 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Glad to see this one go up. It was on our agenda last summer after doing the county highpoints of Boundary and Bonner counties (Scotchman Peak) but the crappy weather we had cost us being able to get over and do it and Rhodes peak so we did Rhodes and will get back to do Illinois this coming year. It looks like your weather was similar to what we had on Scotchman in late August.
Posted Mar 19, 2005 4:21 pm

nebbenUntitled Comment

nebben

I completed several counties the day before (the easy ones), and Boundary the day before that. Only the first day with Boundary was good weather. Fine with me- it was the longest hike! Miserable is an understatement for the precipitation and wind found on the Benewah/Kootenai highpoints when I visited. I figured it made little sense to not attempt my originally planned counties as long as I had a good map, compass, GPS, and a 4wd vehicle for the weekend before I was scheduled to fly home!

COme to think of it, only Boundary county offered good weather. All the others were through precipitation of some kind (even Bonner earlier in the summer).
Posted Mar 19, 2005 9:35 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Good page.
Posted Mar 19, 2005 6:53 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Too bad you couldnt get a clear shot of the mountain...Still a great page!

Sean
Posted Mar 19, 2005 9:00 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good first page! I agree about the photos but surely they will come over time. Given that this is a county highpoint and that there are quite a number of highpointers around here...
Posted Mar 20, 2005 3:42 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nice page!

-Britt
Posted Mar 20, 2005 12:18 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page. You can't control the weather, and I don't mind bad weather pics, so good job. Someone may come and add some clearer shots of the peak.
Posted Mar 20, 2005 5:19 pm

Dow WilliamsUntitled Comment

Dow Williams

I am from IL originally, was glad to see this mt page was not some 500' Indian Mound....cheers
Posted Jun 30, 2005 12:10 pm