Impressions from the Steffisalpe-Bürstegg path

Impressions from the Steffisalpe-Bürstegg path

Page Type Page Type: Album

Overview

As I got a good deal of response to the photos I took following this path in September 2009 - it was a lot more than I had ever expected! - I thought I might join these in an album here on SP. The walk we took here - it was during a family holiday week I spent in Lech am Arlberg - is of a very pleasant and leisurely nature, very easy - there's a broad path all along the way and it's well-signposted - and with great views to the Allgäu and Lechtal Alps as well as the gorge-like section of the Lech valley between Warth and Lech. The hamlet of Bürstegg which was built by the Walser and inhabited all year around - there was even a school for the children at the time when up to 10 families lived up there - is in a particularly beautiful and well-preserved spot, and this place of both natural beauty and ethnological and historical interest is something the people in Lech are very proud of.
A lake  eye  above Steffisalpe above WarthA beautifully situated alpine pond just above Steffisalpe
View to Biberkopf (2600 metres) and Rappenspitz (2475 metres)View to Biberkopf and Rappenspitze from the Steffisalpe-Bürstegg path
On the path between Steffisalpe and BürsteggAbove the deeply cut valley connecting Warth with Lech

Description

The starting point is Steffisalpe above Warth, which is 6 km north of Lech am Arlberg. Take the chair-lift up to Steffisalpe and then the path following the signs indicating Bürstegg and Lech. After a slight rise up to about 1900 meters, the path gently descends towards Bürstegg (1750 meters). One is always high up above the Lech river. Duration Steffisalpe-Bürstegg: 1,5 hours, to Lech it's about another hour and a half from Bürstegg. There are very good bus connections between Warth and Lech - in summer they commute every half hour or even twenty minutes - and one can also go straight down from Bürstegg to a bus-stop on the road about 2,5 km short of Lech in less than half an hour.
View down the Lechtal valley from Steffisalpe above WarthView from Steffisalpe down the tyrolean Lechtal valley


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
ChristianRodriguez

ChristianRodriguez - Jan 8, 2010 3:45 am - Voted 10/10

Nice

That place looks great to hiking.

EricChu

EricChu - Jan 8, 2010 3:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

It is - the Lechquellengebirge and the Lechtal Alps offer countless possibilities for hiking in marvellously preserved alpine landscape! There's only one summit in that area that rises over the 3000m-mark - the Parseierspitze - but nevertheless there are many rewarding summits to go up!
Thanks for your comment and many greetings to you,

Eric

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.