Viewing: 1-20 of 25 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Hi Radek,

You don't mind if I give you a 4-star vote before you're done, do you? :) Page looks great. I love the photos. Good to see you guys swapping leads. Need to get Kim (my wife) more interested in taking the sharp end. She's a more talented climber than me!

I need to extinguish my own "indecision" and get my arse down to Red Rocks. The rock there looks really unique and interesting, and the number of potential climbs unlimited.

-MOrgan
Posted Jan 25, 2003 10:08 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

Morgan,

not sure why my response from yesterday did not seem to get posted??

I appreciate the vote!

In our case too my wife is actually a much better climber than me but I've been hesitant about giving her the sharp end of the rope till now. This was I think the third trad lead of her career and she seems to love it (I guess there's no substitute for leading).

radek
Posted Jan 26, 2003 4:27 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Great looking page.
Posted Jan 26, 2003 12:29 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

Dean,

Thank you for the vote!

radek
Posted Jan 26, 2003 4:28 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Great job! You should adopt Josh's Black Velvet (Red Rocks) page.
Posted Jan 27, 2003 5:00 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the good vote!

I'm not sure why that page is up for adoption. Josh seems to have just added Epinephrine route there (&lots of cool photos) and it looks good. I'm guessing it's just a bug.

Posted Jan 27, 2003 9:33 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Josh added Black Velvet then immediately put it up for adoption. He also put his Borah Peak page up for adoption at the same time. So it seems it's not a bug, just Josh getting rid of his pages. You should adopt it!
Posted Jan 27, 2003 12:50 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

mtntrail2,

Much thanks for the vote of confidence, but (unfortunately) haven't climbed anything on Black Velvet Peak (yet). There's got to be someone better suited (a Vegas local maybe??) for this peak - we live in OR so don't get as many chances to get out there (next planned trip is Christmas '03) as we'd like.

As for Borah Peak - well, not sure. I think "the authority" on ID peaks on SP is BigDan but he's got a page of his own (an excellent one for ID peaks!) so probably doesn't have as much time to devote to SP. I'd probably give adopting Borah a shot if no better qualified SP members come along.

Much thanks again.

radek
Posted Jan 27, 2003 1:18 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I got rmjwinters to adopt Borah. He is a summiteer of that peak. Take care!
Posted Jan 27, 2003 6:12 pm

mrolphUntitled Comment

mrolph

Very nice!
Posted Jan 27, 2003 8:45 am

rpcUntitled Comment

Thank you for the vote!

Posted Jan 27, 2003 9:31 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Must've gotten some of those rolls of film developed finally. :- ) Great page!
Posted Jan 27, 2003 9:20 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the vote Brian!

yeah - actually have been sorting the rolls into batches - those 'very old' old ones (summer '02) and those not so old (winter '02) - try to develop on equal opportunity basis from both piles.
Posted Jan 27, 2003 9:30 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Look forward to seeing all your pics on the site.

Bummer you had crap weather for Saddle. When it's clear those are some of the best views as I saw from the Olympics to Jefferson to the ocean one time. But I've been there when it was driving rain at the start and icy snow up top with no views too. Ah well, at least you got outdoors.
Posted Jan 27, 2003 9:55 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

that's amazing that you can see Olympics & Hood from there! Will try to make it out there again in clear conditions (actually - this would be doable as an after work kind of a quick hike up in say June when it doesn't get dark till 9).

we should've gone hiking on Sunday and not Saturday - seemed a lot nicer and drier (that's not however what they were claiming in the forecasts!).

Hey Brian, ever done the Wind Mtn. in the Gorge? It's short I think but looks kind of cool (I think it's in the appendix of the red Sullivan book)?
Posted Jan 27, 2003 3:23 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

I've done Dog Mountain right next to it (both trails), Defiance (across the Gorge from it), Nesmith Point, Angels Rest and a few smaller others nearby (and actually was not too far away yesterday on a small quick hike by Bonneville Dam) but never Wind Mountain. Would like to try it sometime. You thinking about going soon?
Posted Jan 27, 2003 5:46 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

Thank you for the vote!

Posted Jan 27, 2003 9:33 am

OBIJUANKENOBI71Untitled Comment

OBIJUANKENOBI71

Great page!.

Cheers

Juan
Posted Jan 27, 2003 11:40 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

Juan,

thanks for the good vote.

radek
Posted Jan 28, 2003 9:18 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Excellent text and photos. Great area!
Posted May 7, 2003 8:54 pm