Isle Royale National Park Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8

SamRy12 - Apr 18, 2021 12:45 pm

3 days of remote paradise  Sucess!

Rock Harbor-Lane Cove-Daisy Farm
We spent 2 nights on the island and wished for much more.
Lane Cove was beautiful with calm waters, and on our night, we were incredibly lucky and had the campground to ourselves.
Daisy Farm is a much bigger campground, but the shelters can be a great reprieve from the weather.
One day, we'll return to hike the Minong Ridge and check out Windigo.

Wandering Yooper

Wandering Yooper - Jan 16, 2020 11:33 am Date Climbed: Aug 27, 2013

Long loop (about 100 miles)  Sucess!

Long loop beginning and ending at Rock Harbor. North to first camp at McCargoe Cove, west along Minong Ridge trail to Windigo, stopping to camp at Little Todd Harbor. East on Greenstone Ridge trail, camping at Hatchet Lake and Daisy Farm. Finished by detouring up and over Mount Ojibway and Mount Franklin.

displacedchzhead

displacedchzhead - Jul 21, 2012 1:25 pm Date Climbed: Sep 16, 1984

Four day hike

Starting and ending at Rock Harbor, hiked the eastern side of the island. In mid-Sept, there's no bugs, very few people. So beautiful. If you get the chance-GO!!

huskertriguy

huskertriguy - Aug 15, 2011 2:55 am Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2011

Mt. Ojibway  Sucess!

Ordinarily I don't sign logs unless they are summits, but there is not page for Mt. Ojibway, and I feel the summit deserves mention, so here I am.

Hiked Windigo to Rock Harbor:
North Desor - Little Todd - McCargoe Cove - Daisy Farm - 3 Mile - Rock Harbor

The reason for the three close stops bunched together at the end is that I skipped a scheduled night (Todd Harbor) thinking I could catch the ferry back a day early. Sadly, the Voyageur II does not depart on Saturdays. Ah, well. It was a privilege to be marooned.

It's a beautiful NP, a beautiful island. Mt. Ojibway was a definite highlight of my week there.

silversummit

silversummit - Dec 17, 2010 2:56 pm Date Climbed: Jul 20, 1973

Loved this place!  Sucess!

See my Isle Royale Album for a true vintage look of the times!

tarol

tarol - Aug 25, 2010 8:12 am Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2010

Loved it :)  Sucess!

Spent 8 days on the island - hiked from Rock Harbor to Windigo via the Greenstone, Minong, and connecting trails. Loved it! Trip report here!

Tonka

Tonka - Jan 26, 2010 11:16 am

Great Canoeing  Sucess!

The couple times I've been on the Island we brought a canoe and portaged across from McCargo Cove to Malone bay. Do to the logistics of getting a canoe to the island, the route is very remote with most of the camp sites being canoe in only.

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Aug 31, 2007 2:56 pm

(almost) bug free  Sucess!

We always go in August when the bugs are low. Beautiful place.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Isle Royale National Park' main page