Iztaccihuatl Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Nice page.
Posted Jan 17, 2002 10:23 am

ZekeUntitled Comment

Zeke

Updated and informative. You can plan your trip from this site alone.
Posted Mar 18, 2002 12:26 pm

phomchickUntitled Comment

phomchick

A lot of work! Nice job.
Posted Jul 20, 2002 6:33 am

PopoffUntitled Comment

Great page. Good info.
Posted Nov 21, 2002 9:02 am

PopoffUntitled Comment

Great page. Good info.
Posted Nov 21, 2002 9:02 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice page!
Posted Dec 18, 2002 2:53 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

I love this page... when I was preparing to climb Izta last June (while teaching In Mexico) I visited this site daily. Cheers -Tim-
Posted May 3, 2003 9:56 am

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Great work!
Posted Mar 22, 2004 3:53 pm

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

A well detailed page. Edit: Adopted 10/22/04.
Posted Aug 2, 2004 7:42 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Great page Haliku, perhaps you should have left the Spanish names remaining. I mean, El Cuello, La Cabeza... Are there any other routes?
Posted Nov 8, 2004 9:17 pm

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Good catch. I've been meaning to add them with translations. There are several routes but since I didn't climb any other route I don't feel right adding other route pages. Hopefully someone wil... Cheers!
Posted Nov 9, 2004 1:38 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Yep Haliku, I hope that you add them with translations at least
Posted Nov 9, 2004 9:26 pm

joseguzman58Untitled Comment

joseguzman58

very interesting information. I climbing Iztla on February 2005. Thanks for a nice page!
Posted Dec 24, 2004 11:22 am

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Thanks for the vote and comments.
Posted Dec 28, 2004 1:14 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Lots of good info here!

Some minor things.

• HTML errors after basically every link on the page. Close the tags.

• No signature photo.

• The altitude; see another member's comment. I agree to the full with him.

Tell me when updates are made and I'll up the vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote up as I'm sure corrections of the HTML will be made.
  • Posted Sep 21, 2005 10:49 am

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Thanks for the vote. I am confused by your html comment. The links work on any PC I use. Please specify what link is off.

I opted for no signature page as the large linked photo in the text is better than a signature thumbnail.

As for the altitude there are several estimates out there both from Mexico and the US. Other Mexican estimates are known to be off (Orizaba). I'm trying to find if any GPS studies were done which would show the true altitude. Cheers!
    Posted Sep 23, 2005 12:57 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

I checked the code to see more specifically what's wrong.

It's the "/" (slash). It's put in the wrong place in the closing tag.

It looks like this:

a/>

But should be like this:

/a>

What happens is, when I put the cursor over any text after the closing tag it changes color and "lights up" as long I have the cursor over it.

Cool.

A matter of taste.

Jonathan wrote:

The highest 20m contour on the official INEGI 1:50,000 map is 5220m, and the highest 3" SRTM cell is 5216m, suggesting that the INEGI implicit 5220-5240m elevation is accurate.

If SRTM shows those values, we can be very certain the altitude is lower than that given on the page. A DGPS-reading from the summit would be the best of course.

I don't know what altitude to put on the peak. Better ask Jonathan about it. He's the expert.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Posted Sep 23, 2005 2:07 pm

Jonathan de FerrantiUntitled Comment

For more information about the elevation see:

Neither INEGI nor SRTM give spot elevations but 5230m seems reasonable.

Jonathan
    Posted Sep 28, 2005 1:38 pm

Jonathan de FerrantiUntitled Comment

Thank you for updating the summit elevation. The DRG and DEM files can be seen here:

Jonathan