Viewing: 1-5 of 5
klwagar

klwagar - Dec 14, 2007 9:29 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks

this one is needed!

AJones

AJones - Dec 14, 2007 8:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Yes, we've been without a guidebook for so long, I figured I might as well get doing something. I wrote a little guidebook for climbing in the West Kootenays, so I have a little experience it gathering info and presenting it. We're going to try to get some of the locals on board. A living guidebook on the web, makes more sense than one that becomes out of date as soon as its written.

finnegan

finnegan - Apr 21, 2008 7:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Excellent!

Thanks for putting in the work. Something like this is sorely needed. I have been lucky enough to get my hands on an old copy of Jasper Rock, but so many others are out of luck when it comes to info.

Any plans to document some of the stuff that has already been covered in Jasper Rock or for some of the multi-pitch routes in the area.. Morro etc?

AJones

AJones - Apr 21, 2008 7:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

Yes, I'd like to work away at documenting everything - that's the beauty of the internet; it's a living document and can be updated at will. I'd also love for the people who know these other areas best to either give me the info or do it themselves. Either way I'm keen to help. I only started this in December, so I'm going to try to improve on things when the rock climbing weather eventually arrives (it's snowing here now). I'd like to do Dune Wall, Hidden Valley, and the Watchtower next. I'm looking for up-to-date info on the Watchtower, so if you have any contacts - send them my way.

finnegan

finnegan - Apr 21, 2008 9:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

Have you contacted Cyril from Rescue Dynamics? There's a lot of info he's got gathered in his articles including some really great historical information. Great stuff to read.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Jasper/Hinton Rock Climbs' main page