Job Peak (NV) Comments

bearbnzUntitled Comment

bearbnz

A fine-looking Nevada peak!
Posted Apr 5, 2003 7:38 am

Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

Good Job on another mountian in the middle of nowhere.
Posted Apr 5, 2003 10:37 am

spenceUntitled Comment

spence

Another fine page about a Great Basin peak offering an outstanding view.
Posted Apr 8, 2003 3:18 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Superb page. I'll gladly take these "middle of nowhere" peaks to those that have people crawling all over them. There is a lot of beauty in the broad stretches of Nevada that few other places enjoy.
Posted Oct 17, 2003 4:34 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Nice job with this page, dealing with a pretty mountain out in the the middle of nowhere.
Posted Dec 29, 2003 2:10 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

This is another peak I would likely never have visited if I hadn't read about it on here--thanks for adding. I really enjoyed this one... there was a bit of fractured rock near the top that reminded me of the NW Ridge on Mt. Morrison, and truly outstanding summit views.

BTW, I noted some more precise mileages for the drive. Resetting the odometer at the end of pavement in Stillwater:

11.7 miles to the 4-way junction (turn right).

Drive 1.0 mile to the wire gate on the left.

I could drive another 3.5 miles (20 minutes!) to a gravelly wash that defeated my trusty Subaru. Two attempts to make it past this resulted only in spinning wheels, so I parked here--seemed like it wasn't the best place to test my vehicle's and/or driving capabilities and get stuck. It was only a ten minute walk to the base of Job's West Ridge from this point.
Posted Apr 12, 2005 4:08 pm

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Excellent work, Matthew. Going to post any photos? Glad you liked the peaks --- after your Flagpole experience I didn't expect you to go chasing anything obscure that I put up......I hate to disappoint.
Posted Apr 13, 2005 2:07 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

Oh, I enjoyed Flagpole too--it just wasn't as spicy as I was hoping. Of course, there've been a number of other times when I've found myself on a climb that's harder than expected, and I'd have been grateful for such a discovery. :-)

I've fallen way behind on sorting out my photos (I think it's been two months since I even put any up on my personal page), but when I do, I'll post some if I have any useful/interesting shots that aren't redundant.

P.S. Bob just pointed me to dayhike.net - cool site! I always love seeing more of this kind of stuff.
Posted Apr 13, 2005 2:56 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Oh boy, I've got to climb this one! Any good book that you can suggest that covers some of Nevada's Great Basin Peaks? I have "Desert Summits" but I'm just starting to climb Nevada peaks and they are calling to me. Thanks!
Posted Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Dave,

I'm not aware of any comprehensive book of the Great Basin peaks. That doesn't mean that there isn't one out there, though --- I've been around enough in Nevada to not need a book, so I haven't had to look for one.

Good luck on your travels --- the Great Basin is an awesome place to explore while there are still relatively few people...

Scotty
Posted Nov 22, 2005 4:15 pm

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Wait a sec....I know you! Changing your avatar, eh? Golly.
Posted Nov 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Yeah, I changed it about three months ago. At the time I was looking for a new job and realized that if my prospective employer saw some of the stuff I posted here I'd be hosed. :-)
Posted Nov 22, 2005 7:45 pm