Johnson Mountain (Teanaway) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7

Flannel.Peaks - Jul 10, 2022 2:04 pm Date Climbed: Jul 8, 2022

Johnson Mountain from Jungle Creek Rd  Sucess!

You can hike this mountain from the Jungle Creek Road (FS 9701). The first mile is a 735ft of gain.The second mile is a lot more chill. The trail starts as an old 4x4 road but that ends around the 4150ft topo line. The trail is narrow but easy to follow. There was evidence that the trail had been cleared of logs recently. The turn off for the climbers trail is a bit hard to see. I would definitly consider that last third of a mile to be a climbers trail. It is hard to follow, loose kitty litter soil, and steep. The scramble at the end is a little class 2, very easy. Great views of the enchantments as well as Jolly Mountain, Ingalls Peak,and Earl Peak to name a few. Lastly this trail is in the heart of what was the Jolly Mountain fire in 2017, so all the trees are burned and black. The flowers were in full bloom and it was very pretty with the mountains and the burnt trees. You can find my GPX file on Peak Bagger.

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Dec 3, 2016 8:46 pm Date Climbed: Jun 6, 2009

Combined with Malcolm  Sucess!

Also climbed Johnson in 1988. Very short trip on its own. Should be combined with Malcolm at least.

gimpilator

gimpilator - May 20, 2015 9:20 pm Date Climbed: Apr 14, 2015

Johnson, Malcom, Koppen, DeRoux  Sucess!

4 peaks ridge traverse with Heather and Fletcher. We got rained and hailed on along the way.

CascadeCohen

CascadeCohen - Apr 1, 2012 6:20 pm Date Climbed: Oct 23, 2011

Excellent  Sucess!

First hike ever with EastKing. Great fall colors.

EastKing

EastKing - Oct 25, 2011 12:56 am Date Climbed: Oct 23, 2011

Beautiful in late fall  Sucess!

Ideal climb in late October when the lower vegetation has turned a yellow and red and the western larches (not to be confused with alpine) have changed.

belowfellow

belowfellow - Feb 16, 2011 7:40 pm Date Climbed: May 15, 2010

another...  Sucess!

Teanaway summit off of the list.

Doehle

Doehle - Nov 8, 2010 12:01 pm Date Climbed: Nov 6, 2010

Beating the rain  Sucess!

Nice hike up from the southern approach, climbed with Malcolm.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Johnson Mountain (Teanaway)' main page