Viewing: 1-20 of 29 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Page looking good already - can only get better.

rpc
Posted May 15, 2003 1:29 pm

MicheleUntitled Comment

Michele

Well, thank you. I'm doing my best to get all the information in and lots of photos as well...on the slowest internet connection imaginable! Is there anything in particular that you would like to see on the JTree page?
Posted May 15, 2003 2:43 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

The work is certainly progressing nicely!

Been looking at the photos/route additions etc. I guess - this is only a selfish suggestion - it would be nice (perhaps) to have a short section on the main page that talks about "the best" routes of a given grade, ex. "the best trad 5.7 rotues are...". Highly subjective - definitely! But the guide is pretty thick - would be nice to have an at-a-glance kind of a tick-list. Thanks and great job!

PS do they allow dogs there? I'm asking since I saw your photos and since we have one and if we do go there I wouldn't mind bringing her along. thanks.
Posted May 16, 2003 4:22 pm

MicheleUntitled Comment

Michele

We're on the same page with your suggestion of a recommended route table. With so many routes to choose from, a quick reference to the best of the grades would be great. I'm on it!

As for dogs, they are allowed in the park and must be on a leash at all times. Rangers are very strict about this and will ticket. However, there are certain areas such as the Wonderland of Rocks, where dogs are not allowed. We managed to take my campmates dog with us everywhere during the weekdays without problems.
Posted May 16, 2003 6:20 pm

Craig PeerUntitled Comment

Craig Peer

Nice job so far, and I'm glad you're the one doing it Michele!
Posted May 15, 2003 4:41 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Damn this page is looking good already! I think I will lobby my friend to spend this Thanksgiving there.

Posted May 15, 2003 5:37 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Nice work Michele. Those are some good photos! Well written description too. Please see my concerns for page organization here.

Martin
Posted May 15, 2003 11:17 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Nice page.

Joshua Tree is one of the areas I have never visited, but this may change in future.
Posted May 15, 2003 11:51 pm

tonyoUntitled Comment

tonyo

Great job, Michele. This page was sorely needed, especially for us so cal based folks.

Thanks.
Posted Oct 3, 2003 9:32 pm

smudgeUntitled Comment

smudge

nice job
Posted Oct 3, 2003 11:45 pm

Dave DalyUntitled Comment

Dave Daly

Who could pass up Chele's hard work and not give praise?
Posted Nov 20, 2003 12:31 am

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Thanks for posting on a place I look forward to visiting. Cheers!
Posted Mar 4, 2004 9:51 am

MicheleUntitled Comment

Michele

Thank you. I know you will find Joshua Tree a truly magical place to climb.
Posted Mar 4, 2004 11:33 am

MelbaToastUntitled Comment

MelbaToast

It would be nice if there were more route info but it's a great page.
Posted Jul 7, 2004 1:35 am

MicheleUntitled Comment

Michele

Thank you for your kind remark and feed back. I've been meaning to add a recommended routes section for quite some time and you just reminded me. That should at least point one in the right direction and give them a place to start. However, a true route data base would be impossible considering that Joshua Tree has approximately 5000 routes.
Posted Jul 12, 2004 7:08 pm

MelbaToastUntitled Comment

MelbaToast

Maybe the greatest hits? The good thing would be you'd get to choose which ones deserved to make the list. I was just interested in my own selfish desire to find some classic routes the easy way (can you tell I'm a novice?). Thanks for putting it together though, it really is great.
Posted Jul 12, 2004 10:16 pm

Smith93Untitled Comment

Smith93

Great page!
Posted Jan 2, 2006 4:40 pm

tarolNice page

tarol

Just a nitpick, I don't know why, but the bold type bothers me. Otherwise great page!
Posted Jul 18, 2006 10:05 pm

AlpinistRe: Nice page

Alpinist

I have to agree. The bold font is a bit harsh on the eyes, but otherwise it's a great page.
Posted Aug 3, 2006 1:04 pm

MicheleFont is now changed

Michele

Thank you for the feedback. It's a great page because it's a great place! And I just changed the font so now it's easy on the eyes.
Posted Aug 4, 2006 5:29 am