JP on the summit of Almagre,...

JP on the summit of Almagre,...

JP on the summit of Almagre, his current altitude record! Cameron Cone is to the left.
shanrickv
on Oct 10, 2004 8:55 pm
Image ID: 73228

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
mmoerk

mmoerk - Oct 11, 2004 10:24 am - Voted 10/10

Sounds like a good day...

Was there snow on the road and is that what made the drive epic? A friend & I had a scary encounter on that road one spring where we almost got stuck (couldn't keep going, was barely able to turn around without driving off the side of the mountain).



That is a good photo. Do you know what time of day it was shot? I was on Cameron Cone from about noon to 1pm, but even if I zoom in I can't see myself ;-).



-Mike

shanrickv

shanrickv - Oct 11, 2004 1:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sounds like a good day...

Hi Mike,

There was no snow on the road, just up high, especially on Baldy. The road was actually in good shape. I'm just not used to 4-wheeling in my 4Runner yet. We are coming from the concrete jungle of Wash. DC, so we are dealing with positive culture shock. I wrote a trip report last night on my day with JP that gives more detail.

We were up there around 11:30, so you were probably not in the picture:)

Patrick

mmoerk

mmoerk - Oct 11, 2004 10:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Sounds like a good day...

Hi Patrick,

Very cool, I enjoyed the trip report... and welcome to Colorado! I can see by your page that you've climbed here plenty. That is awesome that you got to share that experience with your son... both the drive and the climb.



I got a picture or 2 of Almagre from Cameron Cone yesterday so I'll post them soon... if you squint maybe you can see your 4Runner :-)

-Mike





Viewing: 1-3 of 3