June 14, 2003. Members of the...

June 14, 2003. Members of the...

June 14, 2003. Members of the 1st annual SummitPost Rockies Reunion on the summit of Mt. Elbert. L to R: Andrew, Syd, Aaron, Ellen, Eileen, Alan, Katie, and Jackie. Mt. Massive is in the background. You can see the summit register on the far left. Thanks, Alan, for initiating this gathering!
Peak Freak
on Jun 19, 2003 1:11 pm
Image ID: 21928

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Kane

Kane - Jun 19, 2003 6:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Good job ya'll!

I'm so happy that everything went to plan. I can just feel your excitement when you woke up in the morning and got your first glimpse of crystal blue skies! Looks like another beautiful spring day hiking the backbone of the Colorado Rockies, the Sawatch Range! wish I were there.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jun 19, 2003 8:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job ya'll!

If we look insufferably happy, well, we were. For some, this was a first fourteener! Well done! For SP members, it was a beginning to a life long friendship. Mountains tend to do that for people that love them, and one another. I love all of these folks. What wonderful friends I've met through SP! I look forward to meeting many more. Who'd have thought a website could impact one's life so magnificently?

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jun 19, 2003 8:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job ya'll!

I just realized I've been placed in the middle of this picture, probably not by chance. I was thinking it was out of reverence,that the old guy should be surrounded by those that love him, but I've figured it out. The truth is they were afraid the ol' guy would fall off the mountain and were trying to block all possibilities of that happening. Well, SOMEONE had to show them the way down! Right, Alan?

Dean

Dean - Dec 8, 2003 11:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job ya'll!

Good grief Aaron, referring to yourself as "the old guy"

Why, you're just a mere youngster compared to the likes of myself and the quickly aging Bob Bolton (he just had a birthday) However, it isn't all that bad (getting older), I did more this past year than I have ever before. My ambitions seem to be increasing, not diminishing with age, so you'll continue to have a lot to look forward too. Congrats on all that you do. You da man.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Dec 9, 2003 12:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job ya'll!

Dean-Thanks much!

Like you, this past season was the most ambitious I have ever executed. It doesn't appear to be letting up. I like to bring up my old age and then dust all the young folks on the trail. I pause to eat a sandwich while they puke. They die while I roam all over the high country. It's great. Hopefully it inspires them.

Dean

Dean - Dec 9, 2003 12:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job ya'll!

I like your style. Bob Bolton is 57 and he "dusts" everybody but is kind and waits for me to catch up since I'm a true senior citizen (only in age). . The difference is I have a gear that allows me to go all day. When topping out on Mt. Thielsen this summer, this 20+ guy looked at me and asked how old I was. When I told him, he said "Wow, I hope I can still do this stuff when I'm your age" I think that was a compliment but I never get tired of being in the mountains, it is my passion as it seems to be yours. Keep up the good effort.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Dec 28, 2003 11:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job ya'll!

Well, I entertain no illusions that I could dust those young bucks like Aaron. Getting old does force one to focus on getting the most bang for the available time. Like I always say, "So many mountains, so little time".



Bob

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Jan 13, 2004 1:36 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Good job ya'll!

Did you forget about our other imfamous "Bob" on SP? Mr. Bataan Death March Leader!!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8