Jura Knob Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Kiefer

Kiefer - Oct 14, 2022 3:42 pm Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2022

5 peak day from Coal Creek Trail   Sucess!

From Coal Creek Trail. Great trail. Lots of class-2 tundra. E-1, E-2, E-3, E-4 and Jura Knob.

Chasing.Bowman

Chasing.Bowman - Jun 26, 2022 10:07 pm Date Climbed: Jun 23, 2022

Chase Bowman - Bike ride side track  Sucess!

Stop during an engine creek run

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Nov 5, 2020 6:20 pm Date Climbed: Nov 5, 2020

nice autumn hike  Sucess!

from coal bank pass, little snow, solitude. It was easy to go straight up the cliffs, very short scramble, maybe a couple of 4th class moves. Also added E 3 and E 4 and re-climbed Jura Knob on the way back.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm Date Climbed: Jun 23, 2017

Coal Bank Pass Loop  Sucess!

Loop hike with Rachael from Coal Bank Pass of Jura Knob, "E3" and "E1". Not much snow left up in the area, some patches on the trail and a few in the basin but the ridges were all dry.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Nov 5, 2014 1:30 am Date Climbed: Oct 31, 2014

Nifty Summit  Sucess!

Started at 2:45pm at Colebank Pass and road my bike to the spot Nadar mentions on his route page. Then I ran/hike the ridge and came back to the bike. 3hrs round trip! Very fun single track on the way down. Some guy (or gal) had ridden their bike all the way to the summit...crazy!

jfrishmanIII

jfrishmanIII - Aug 6, 2013 5:31 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2012

Beautiful summit  Sucess!

I backpacked in and camped in the basin just to the south, then climbed Jura Knob for sunset. Really gorgeous place, beautiful colored rock layers up there. Had to flee for lower ground when I saw a lightning bolt hit the top of Engineer.

nader

nader - Jul 13, 2013 11:46 pm Date Climbed: Jun 30, 2013

Jura Knob  Sucess!

I was expecting easy grassy slopes all the way to the top and was surprised to see the band of cliffs but fortunately got around them without much of a hassle. The area was just gorgeous, flowers everywhere.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Jura Knob' main page