Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Nice work Vid! I like your interactive maps :-)
Posted Apr 7, 2004 5:11 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

You can do it for Velebit, Sasa. If you would like to make the first one together with me, just say. For example: General Velebit map -> Regions -> Summits/areas.
Posted Apr 8, 2004 3:51 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Very good, Vid! I think pages describing mountain groups in general and leading visitors to individual peaks of it are of great value to SP.
Posted Apr 8, 2004 12:52 am

pavlakovicsUntitled Comment

pavlakovics

Finally... I really missed Kamnik Alps on SP!

And, of course, well done!

I added some photos, hoping I did not disturb concept of this page. Please feel free to edit them if they are not compliant with your concept.
Posted Apr 8, 2004 9:19 am

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Wonderful page... the grassy summit of Smrekovec is a place where I would love to rest on a warm afternoon. Great pictures and descriptions... inspires me to visit. Cheers!
Posted Apr 8, 2004 11:33 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Vid, I missed this one. Too busy last week. Great information. You seem to become the main coordinator for SP Europe!

Cheers

Gangolf
Posted Apr 15, 2004 5:00 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Good work. Cheers William
Posted May 5, 2004 9:48 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice page!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 5:18 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Yes, fine, Bor! I first did this on my Bohinj group page. But not as a separate route for each hut. It's strange to do routes for huts, hm? I think SummitPost is still oriented so much on mountains that also routes should concern mountains. Also: hut ascents are nearly all marked and people can read descriptions anywhere.

On the other hand, your proposal is also attractive. It would be really the most elegant to simply link to separate descriptions.

I don't know, Hm? I'm inclined to do short descriptions of hut ascents on each group page, but not as routes. Let's think about everything.
Posted Jan 17, 2005 4:00 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Yes! I think we must add only one route on the Kamnik Alps and then below this route describe each approach on hut in each section..that there won`t be too many routes on group pages!
Posted Jan 17, 2005 4:29 pm

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

How did I miss this one? My favourite side of our Alps, maybe because they are close to me. Great 4 stars.

Regards ROK
Posted Nov 21, 2004 4:01 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks once more :-))
Posted Nov 21, 2004 4:58 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

You were very active voting on my pages. Thanks a lot for all of them. And come soon to Slovenia!
Posted Oct 18, 2005 1:02 pm

vvujisicUntitled Comment

vvujisic

Yesterday i discovered also a Kamnik/Savinja Alps. Naturally, i voted for all pages and photos which i like. Your great sistematic and missionary work on all of these pages really deserve highest votes. Sorry, because i'm to late with these votes, but better now than never, hahaha...

Yes, now it's time for me to discover also Kamnik/Steiner Alps, not just a Julian's. Both Alps are beautiful! Amazing! You are really very privileged because you living near three mountain massifs - Julian Alps, Kamnik/Savinja Alps and Karavanke. What is more pretier? I can't forget one mistical moment (August 2002) when my friend invited me from Ljubljanja to Vrsic Pass (just for few hours) to see Julian Alps. During driving, belowe Vrsic Pass, high and white rocks dominates on all sides. Believe me, from this impressive view, my emotions was so strong that tears came on my face. When we came there and when i go up to the second/higher mountain hut (Postarski Dom), i was totally shocked, positive of course. I can't describe level of my impression during looking to high and big massif of Prisojnik peak. Really, something unforgetable. My mountain iniciations are Julian Alps! Next year i visited Julian Alps second time, in July 2003, staying in private acomodations in Bohinj town, walking on some nice paths, through famous Triglav Lakes Valley, climb Triglav from Dolic Hut,... Now, few days ago i came from Slovenia and bought "Julijske Alpe" mountain guide, author Tine Mihelic. Together with your and Vid's pages, now i have really good material for prepaire myself for the next visit of Slovenian Alps. I'm sure that you have book about Julian Alps from Julius Kugy. He was great describer/writter/devoter of Julian Alps. Also, soon i will redesign all my Durmitor pages and remove "Shortly about Durmitor" section, as you suggested me. On the end, thanks for your welcoming to me to Slovenia! Also, you are welcome to Belgrade and to Montenegrin mountains, specially Durmitor, Prokletije and Komovi. I'm surre that you will have nice impressions from all these trips. Outlook of these mountains and infrastructure on them are little beat different than in Slovenian Alps. For example, eastern and southern part of Durmitor remind many people on Tibet or Mongolia. Also, there is not so many climbers as in Julian Alps and in that case you can enjoy in privilege and feeling that whole National Park is your, private, hahaha... Interesting feeling. And different.

Greetings from Belgrade,

Vlado
Posted Oct 19, 2005 5:06 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Hi, Vlado!

You wrote it so beautifully. We could communicate in Slovenian or Serbian, but as this is public, let's stay with English. If you ask me for preferences, Julian Alps are far higher on my list than the other two groups. But all mountains are nice, so I like to go also to different kind of them. I'm sure that mountains throughout Balcans would please me, fianally I already saw some. You mentioned also Kugy. Yes, I have some of his books, in my opinion he is one of the greatest writers on mountaineering topics. I'd buy more of his 'Iz zivljenja gornika' books, but I haven't yet investigated where to find them. Also Sasa Gospic was interested in it (he doesn't know Kugy in original). So, a lot to do...
Posted Oct 19, 2005 5:18 am

andrea.itVery...

andrea.it

Very good page..!ciao
Posted Feb 14, 2006 9:37 pm

Vid PogachnikRe: consider

Vid Pogachnik

May be The Rockie and Saawignia Alps?
Posted Dec 6, 2007 4:59 pm

Vid PogachnikRe: Velika Baba

Vid Pogachnik

I don't know where I got that (Jezerska), so you're right. I corrected back to Velika Baba.
Thanks, cheers!
Posted Jul 6, 2009 8:10 am

mtncorgAnother ...

mtncorg

... great unknown Slovene range that is busier than the Karawanke, but not as much so as the Julians. Good work on bringing these mountains to the attention of the many not familiar with your country.
Posted Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am

Vid PogachnikRe: Another ...

Vid Pogachnik

Thank you very much. Yes, this range is quite busy too.
Posted Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am