Kebnekaise Comments

Charles

I´m catching up on yur work Lolli! Another good page

Thanks

Charles
Posted Nov 1, 2005 2:47 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I can't pronounce the name but I sure as heck enjoy the page. Nice, very nice.
Posted Nov 18, 2005 8:06 am

LolliRe: Untitled Comment

Lolli

Kebb - neh - kai-seh.

thanks, btw ;-)
Posted Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm

alex_vegaUntitled Comment

alex_vega

Five stars for this nice page :-))
Posted Dec 9, 2005 9:56 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Nice page and beautiful photographs! I never made it to Lapland, but I was at midsummer festival on island Skansen, Stockholm one summer. I was introduced to a wonderful lady from Lapland, who gave me some of her berry wine that she had made by burying it in the ground. I recall it was pretty good!
Posted Dec 20, 2005 3:33 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

The berry wine was red. I did feel honored as it was her "private stuff" I was introduced to her by the host for the whole festival so I was fortunate to have the right connection to be offered this wine. I do recall that it was rare- a very special treat!

By the way, my background is Swedish and Danish... I am off to the store to buy a pork roast for a traditional Danish Christmas this year... Roast pork, red cabbage, carmelized new potoatoes and rice pudding with a hidden almond. What is the traditional Christmas dinner in Sweden?

Merry Christmas!
Posted Dec 23, 2005 10:19 am

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

The rice pudding turned out great! I topped it with warm cherry preserves and whipped cream. My wife got the almond--- and graciously shared her candy bar winnings with the rest of less fortunate souls.
Posted Dec 28, 2005 3:08 pm

taikavuorimiesUntitled Comment

No, I'm supposed to be "the man from the magic mountain". I'm a fan of Thomas Mann and in a way I'm similar to the main character in this book (that got him the Nobel prize for literature by the way).
Posted Jan 7, 2006 4:29 am

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Enjoyed this page! I like the "Right of Common Access"--wish we had that here....
Posted Jan 19, 2006 4:50 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Yes, the picture you refer to is indeed in Montana, in the northern part of the U.S. (what we call the "Lower 48," or "Continental" USA, because it excludes Alaska and Hawaii), is in Glacier National Park--one of the most spectacular mountain areas in the country--often referred to as Glacier/Waterton (or Waterton/Glacier) International Peace Park, because Waterton Lakes National Park adjoins Glacier, but is in Canada, and managed by the Canadian Government (Glacier is quite a bit larger than Waterton, although there is a serious effort underway by the Canadian Government to almost double the size of Waterton). The Waterton/Glacier International Peace Park is a symbol of the friendship and close relationship between the U.S. and Canada.
Posted Feb 3, 2006 2:49 pm

SawtoothSeanUntitled Comment

SawtoothSean

Top quality page. I agree and like the right of Common Access concept, especially in the western U.S. where pockets of unmaintained, undeveloped, and beautifiul private property exists. Thanks for your excellent page.
Posted Jan 28, 2006 1:52 am

Jukka AhonenPrice updates

Jukka Ahonen

Some updates on prices on Kebnekaise Fjällstation:

Accommodation for a night per person ranged between 350-450 SEK per night, depending on where you slept. No information about cabin prices.

The helicopter fare from Nikkaluokta to the Fjällstation was 700 SEK one-way, instead of previously reported 600 SEK. The rides are available daily at 9 AM and 5 PM, and will continue as long as there are passengers.
Posted Jul 24, 2010 4:34 am

macintoshSouvenirs

macintosh

I have very nice souvenirs about this area. It was begining of 80's :)
I suppose that the follwoning message : "Felaktig länk Länken som du angav fungerar inte, antingen är sidan borttagen eller flyttad. Om du klickade på en länk vänligen meddela ansvarig på den webbplatsen att länken är felaktig." means a wrong link.
On my computer the right link about "Allemansrätten" is this one
Thanks for remembering the old good time, Corax :)))
Posted Jan 29, 2011 4:12 am

CoraxRe: Souvenirs

Corax

And thank you for checking out the page and telling me about the broken link. I have fixed the problem now.
Posted Feb 14, 2011 9:32 pm