NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

I won't wait for the end of construction, of what is clearly a 4-star page! Nice work, Jon.
Posted Aug 30, 2004 10:13 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Nelson,

Thank you much for the vote. Hope the finished product meets your expectations. Have you been back to the Gores this summer since your juant on Peak C?

Jon
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:04 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Jon,

No I never made it back to the Gores. I was kind of hoping to get there over Labor Day - my wife is working this weekend - but I'm over here in Singapore on a business trip instead. Hopefully we will get to hike together some day.

- Nelson
Posted Sep 1, 2004 10:42 am

PawkalaUntitled Comment

Pawkala

Great Page...
Posted Aug 30, 2004 10:25 pm

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

Nice page! It is very well done. Beautiful pics! I didn't even know that the Gore Range existed. Thanks for sharing.
Posted Aug 30, 2004 10:36 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thank you for voting Barry. When are you going to move to Colorado so you can do a Gore Range summit as a day hike? I think you would like Keller. It was a lot more fun then I expected.

Jon
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:07 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Great page, Jon! I love the colours - it must be great at that time of the year!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 2:17 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Another great Gore page!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Thanks for the vote Allen.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:05 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Wonderful page already! Beautiful mountain and a job well done!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:37 pm

AndyUntitled Comment

Andy

Nice work!
Posted Sep 1, 2004 10:46 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Excellent. Cheers William
Posted Sep 1, 2004 3:35 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

I completely missed this Jon, my bad. Awesome page.
Posted Sep 7, 2004 7:34 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Kane,

Thanks for voting. You would like this mountain... it's fun. By the way I'm jealous of your Bellview success... I'v some nice photos for when you get around to doing a page on it.

P.S. Interested in Demming or West Demming on the cheap? Or Q if you want something more commiting?

Jon
Posted Sep 7, 2004 7:42 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

I went to your profile page to look up Keller and read that you had an unsucessful attempt of Belleview earlier this season due to bad weather. You and I really think alike, its weird. Belleview was a great mountain, of course. Now I could have done without the loose rock and muddy conditions but all and all the long south ridge worked out well. Dog friendly, just wear a helmet. Roach rated it a class 2+ hike from West Maroon Pass, well I think he is wrong...more like class 3.

The next gew weeks will be difficult to get out. My wife is scheduled to go to Florida with friends so I will have to stay home with the kiddos while she is away. Now if that hurricane comes Floridas way next weds through Sunday, she won't go. Then I may be able to get out. I'll keep you posted.
Posted Sep 8, 2004 8:36 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Jim,

Thanks for the vote. I reccomend this route. You would like it.

Jon
Posted Sep 7, 2004 7:39 pm

chicagotransplantSW Ridge

chicagotransplant

Great page! Just one correction - I just was up on the SW Ridge via Bighorn Creek this past weekend and it goes at 3rd class with some exposure. Your map calls it out as Class 2 (the green route). When I download my pics I will add a couple to your page, but just thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone was looking at the route. You can stay below the crest to avoid the most difficult and exposed scramlbing, but there are some ribs that still involve some 3rd class even off the crest. Thanks!
Posted Sep 10, 2007 8:32 pm

DharmaBum1984Great page!

DharmaBum1984

Another 10/10 Gore Range page. The excellent beta got us up this in brutal winter conditions.
Posted Apr 13, 2008 10:36 am

COEngineerNeeds update maybe

I followed the described route and was going along fine until I came to the crux. It looks to me like there has been a recent rock slide and it did not look safe to me. Unfortunately, I did not take any pics. BTW, "bushwacking" along the alternate route is an understatement. The bushes are 10 feet high and so thick you can't see your feet - one of my feet slipped down between boulders and I spun around as I fell. I was lucky to walk away without any major sprains.
Posted Aug 1, 2012 4:31 pm

JonBradfordRe: Needs update maybe

JonBradford

Sorry to hear Keller didn't work out for you. The crux you described is that the notch beyond the false summit? If so were you on the ridge crest or lower on the south side? It has been a little while since I have been up there so I am trying to visualize where the difficulties you encountered are. Wish you had a photo :) happy climbing.
Jon