Kennedy Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
cgard61

cgard61 - Sep 30, 2018 5:22 am Date Climbed: Sep 29, 2018

Several Times including the SE Direct Route  Sucess!

This was the 3rd time I bushwacked and scrambled up the direct route from the se. The previous time was on New Year's Eve, 1999- the day I got married. That day, I hiked it with our piano player and my 2 brothers who served as ushers. Great way to rehearse for a wedding.

hightinerary

hightinerary - Aug 9, 2011 10:58 am Date Climbed: Oct 31, 2018

Nice Views  Sucess!

I've climbed it five times - three times by approaching it from the north along the ridge, and twice from the south by leaving the trail and scrambling directly up the rocky south face.

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Sep 21, 2007 9:27 am

Hiked from Camp Roosevelt picnic area  Sucess!

I summited Kennedy Peak on one of the best summer days of 2007. It was very hot for most of the summer, but on this day in July, it was in the 70s with good visibility and a pleasent breeze. After getting to the top, I walked further north along the eastern ridge of the Massanutten Mountains for about 1.5 miles before turning back.

SteveinFXBG - Sep 24, 2005 8:01 pm

Route Climbed: Massanutten Mountain East Trail Date Climbed: July 5, 2004  Sucess!

Climbed this one as part of a loop with the Stephens Trail. This is a fun little peak.

vanman798

vanman798 - Apr 28, 2005 4:21 pm Date Climbed: Oct 9, 2004

Date Climbed: October 9 2004  Sucess!

Shenandoah river from Kennedy PeakI've been up to Kennedy's peak several times. It's a great place to watch the sunset and have a fire.

I have accessed it from three different routes (including bushwaching).

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Kennedy Peak' main page