Kerinci Comments

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Good start but needs more detailed info. And some photos too. Let me know when you add any info and I will upgrade my vote.

-updated vote 9/6/02 to 3 stars.
Posted Jul 29, 2002 12:48 pm

Henning LegeUntitled Comment

Hi Brian,

I do not have more info. That's why I put Kerinci up for adoption.

Thanks for voting. Though I do not care too much for the votes in SP.

Henning
Posted Aug 2, 2002 6:39 am

David DonaldsonUntitled Comment

David Donaldson

Henning...I think you did an excellent job with your Kerinci report and any negative comments purely due to lack of photos. Actually in Indonesia precise route information is more important because there isn't a lot of it about.

I hope you don't mind that I have adopted the site and added some photos from our trip but other than in the bush the high altitude shots are all a bit washed out.

I have left what you wrote intact and just added to it. Once again I hope you don't mind and if I have inadvertantly changed anything please let me know.

Please add any comments you want.

I think the key for Kerinci climbers is to stay at Subandi's guest house (which we didn't do) but I would do in future.

Our hotel in Sungai Penuh served only Padang food and I was hanging out for a Banana pancake with chocolate.....
Posted Sep 5, 2002 5:44 pm

David DonaldsonUntitled Comment

David Donaldson

I will add some photos after our August trip to Kerinci
Posted Jul 30, 2002 3:25 pm

Henning LegeUntitled Comment

Hi David,

good luck on your trip!

I am looking forward to your pictures (I travel without camera). Maybe you even want to adopt this mountain then ...

Henning
Posted Aug 2, 2002 6:42 am

Henning LegeUntitled Comment

Hi David,

I am glad, you had a safe and nice trip. Thanks for adding the photographs. They evoked quite some memories in me.

I am happy with the way you added your information without erading my original text. However, please feel free to change or delete parts I have written, whenever you find it appropriate. E.g., apparently english is not my first language.

Take care,

Henning
Posted Sep 6, 2002 2:48 am

David DonaldsonUntitled Comment

David Donaldson

Hen,

Where are you from and are do you live in Indonesia or were just holidaying here.

Did you do any other climbs here?

Rgds,

Dave
Posted Sep 6, 2002 5:15 pm

Henning LegeUntitled Comment

Hi,

I am from Germany, where I am still living.

Sumatra was just a one time birdwatching holiday this year. I haven't climbed anything else in Indonesia. A few years ago I have been on Gunung Kinabalu, though.

Cheers,

Henning
Posted Sep 9, 2002 1:16 am

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Good Work !!! Great page and spendid photographs. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your insights on this Amazing Peak.
Posted Jan 2, 2003 5:31 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Excellent and informative! Interesting mountain.
Posted Jan 12, 2003 10:24 am

agliUntitled Comment

agli

another informative and usefull page.
Posted Jul 23, 2005 4:24 am