Keystone Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Oct 24, 2020 8:28 pm Date Climbed: Oct 24, 2020

pleasant road walk  Sucess!

Thanks to a foot injury incurred on Atascosa two days earlier from stepping on a stalk of cat’s claw that plunged directly through my Hokas into the bottom of my foot this was a nice option. Ninety five minutes to the top from the open gate. Had a gathering at the cemetery so it was a busy TH, although the gate was relocked when I finished the descent. Very friendly land owners and hunters though.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 15, 2019 8:41 am Date Climbed: Nov 9, 2019

Nice day hike with 4 summits  Sucess!

Nice day hike with Keystone, North Keystone, Placer Peak, and Pit View Peak. 15 of us on the hike.

mstender

mstender - Oct 14, 2016 10:01 pm Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2016

Fantastic Views!  Sucess!

Enjoyable hike up the road with great views in all directions. You can see so many peaks around! I met one of the locals from McGee ranch who was doing some work at the top. Friendly folks there! Great weather, endless blue skies though a bit warm when I got back to the trailhead.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Mar 27, 2011 8:07 pm Date Climbed: Mar 27, 2011

Keystone  Sucess!

A nice easy roadwalk before my plane back to Seattle.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Feb 12, 2011 5:34 pm Date Climbed: Feb 12, 2011

Standard Ranch Road Route  Sucess!

Mom and I enjoyed a nice stroll from the water tank up the ranch road. The views of the Santa Ritas, Rincons and Santa Catalinas to the east and the Coyotes - and, oh, Babo! - to the west were dynamite.

sbkelley

sbkelley - Apr 6, 2009 11:30 am Date Climbed: Apr 4, 2009

Keystone stroll  Sucess!

Easy and relaxed road hike - great views of surrounding peaks: Wrightson and Babo grabbed the eye.

oldadit

oldadit - Aug 5, 2008 12:09 am Date Climbed: Dec 30, 2001

Cowgill's nemisis  Sucess!

Pete Cowgill has vowed never to hike this range HP
because it looks too boring. But Pete - it is 2K !
Sarah and I hiked the road from east to towers on top.

Matt Miller

Matt Miller - Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm Date Climbed: Feb 21, 2005

Love this peak  Sucess!

I have done this peak numerous times. I usually run all the way up the dirt road. It is a great run. Solitude is normal.

surgent

surgent - Nov 20, 2006 3:15 pm Date Climbed: Nov 18, 2006

Hidden gem  Sucess!

My wife and I hiked this peak and found it to be a truly enjoyable, pretty hike with some amazing views of hundreds of peaks in all directions. We met one of the 'McGees' (a relative) who gave us some history of the range and region. It's been homesteaded since 1901 by the McGees and a couple other families. The range is all private land, but they allow unfettered access. Some border-crossers from Mexico are occasionally caught up here. Nevertheless, we found this hike to be great fun and very enjoyable.

streeyyr

streeyyr - Feb 18, 2006 5:30 am Date Climbed: Feb 14, 2006

Keystone Peak  Sucess!

A gentle little peak often overlooked.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Keystone Peak' main page