Viewing: 1-20 of 21 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Well formulated page, though I was curious as to just why it was named after one of my favorite Shakespearean plays. Perhaps you could find that out and input the information in your overview.

"The weight of this sad time

We must obey

Speak what we feel

Not what we ought to say

The oldest hath borne most

We that are young

Shall never see so much

Nor live so long."
Posted Mar 12, 2003 11:27 pm

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, the history behind Great Basin peaks is a little more obscure than the Sierra of course....if I come across it I'll definately put it up. If you find out, drop me a line and I'll add it.

Scotty
Posted Mar 12, 2003 11:49 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice page and photos. The description has certainly aroused my curiosity for this interesting peak.
Posted Mar 13, 2003 12:02 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Good stuff. The signature photo looks like it was taken from an aircraft. Scouting the route? If so.....good idea! Alan
Posted Mar 13, 2003 8:12 am

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Yes, my climbing partner bearbnz & I like to take aerials --- in case you have missed our Sierra & Mexico submissions. We have a deal: he brings us in close, and I fill the frame. A joint effort!

The hardest part about shooting from the air is lighting...you have no control over that!
Posted Mar 13, 2003 10:20 am

spenceUntitled Comment

spence

Excellent page. The overview and getting there sections are top notch. All of the Nevada peaks you have added are great. Keep up the good work.
Posted Mar 13, 2003 11:21 am

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

Spence,

Your panos are SWEET. We were so impressed with your results that we are going to try it as well sometime. It's really too bad that we can't put a full version on Tohakum.......but if you are going to keep it hosted indefinately, I will link to it from the page. Glad to see someone else around here knows about these peaks!

ScottyS
Posted Mar 13, 2003 11:46 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page.

You really peaked my curiosity with this one! Any books out there that you know of that might cover this peak/area? Looks like it might be worth the ~500 mi drive from Portland sometime.
Posted Mar 13, 2003 11:37 am

ScottySUntitled Comment

ScottyS

rpc,

Unfortunately, I have rather limited knowledge of Nevada peak literature. I guess it's because I never had the need for additional info before. I would imagine that any Nevada peak book (and there are some) would talk about this mountain. Also, check out anything to do with Black Rock Desert/High Rock Canyon recreation and there will be regional info --- there is actually a lot to do out there!

ScottyS
Posted Mar 13, 2003 11:50 am

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Awesome! The photos and description were inspiring, informative, and humorous.
Posted Mar 13, 2003 11:41 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Great page. Like rpc said, makes me curious about driving out there sometime.

Sorry I can't quote Shakespeare for you but here's a silly joke: A three-legged dog walks into a bar and says "I'm looking for the man who shot my Paw...."

Nice work on the page. :- )
Posted Mar 13, 2003 12:26 pm

mdostbyUntitled Comment

mdostby

Great page.

Mike
Posted Mar 13, 2003 3:18 pm

mrolphUntitled Comment

mrolph

Nice Page--entertaining to read and great pictures too! Thanks,

Martin
Posted Mar 13, 2003 6:41 pm

bearbnzUntitled Comment

bearbnz

Another fine desert peak.
Posted Mar 13, 2003 9:53 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

I'm still smiling ... ! very good page !
Posted Mar 13, 2003 11:26 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Scott, this is an excellent page about a peak and an area I know nothing about. Thanks for posting it.
Posted Mar 14, 2003 10:16 am

Paul BurkholderUntitled Comment

Paul Burkholder

You dog! Don't you realize you are giving away some of the best secrets in my backyard? Seriously, a very good page.
Posted Mar 14, 2003 10:40 am

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Excellent Page... I agree with Fred too... The SP Police section did bring a well needed laugh! Thanks for keeping things in perspective!
Posted Aug 7, 2003 9:30 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Nicely done !!
Posted Aug 9, 2004 9:03 am

McCannstergreat page

McCannster

is it possible to skip that road from Empire to Sulphur and just motor your way across the playa until Sulphur or somewhere closer to the trailhead? that is, of course when the playa is dry.
Posted Sep 3, 2007 12:04 am