King's Peak Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Where did this mountain come from?!? Great effort, per usual, John.

Just looked at your homepage's photos from this trip. You should upload a few. The one with the fog is a classic!
Posted Mar 11, 2002 5:32 pm

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

John

I beg you to load a few pictures. The ones on your trip report page are beautiful. 0 pictures doesn't make a very interesting page. I'll change the stars later...

1 day later: I'm changing the stars now. Thank you for the great pics!!!
Posted Apr 9, 2002 5:10 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Dude! You voted one of my pages down??? WTF?? I can't believe it! Get ready for retaliation!! Your mountains are going down baby!

Okay okay, you and Morgan are right. I should upload some of my photos. Actually I've been waiting for SP's sister site to come out: HikerPost.com. What do you think? ;-)

No wait, okay, I guess I can upload some of the photos to SummitPost.com even though most of the photos are really about walking along a beach and not the summit at all. At least I bagged the summit on my hike ;-)

Okay, I surrender - I'm such a push-over. I'll put it on my ToDo list, after I finish uploading more Red Rocks photos and finishing the Mount Hood Trip Report. Don't worry about the first paragraph - just kidding ;-)
Posted Apr 9, 2002 6:33 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Ask and ye shall receive - well sometimes :-) Do I get 4 stars now?
Posted Apr 10, 2002 12:14 am

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

If there is a HikerPost.com, it's going to have a lot of overlap with SP. The borders between the two would not be easy to draw.

By the way, I noticed you didn't have a picture of the summit, nor a description of what it looks like. Is there any views at all? If it's not covered by vegetation you should be able to see a wide area on the east (as this is the highest peak until the inner coast range) as well as the ocean.
Posted Apr 10, 2002 10:44 am

JohnUntitled Comment

John

>By the way, I noticed you didn't have a picture of the summit

You must have missed the photo of the summit that I added? I don't have a close up of the dirt mound that is on the very top of the summit because, even though it had a view, I didn't think the dirt mound where I had dinner was very interesting ;-)

>nor a description of what it looks like.

The summit isn't covered with vegetation and you do have good views of the ocean, but the day I was there it was covered with clouds (see below). I'll add this to the page description.

>Is there any views at all?

Here is a view from the summit :-)

>If it's not covered by vegetation you should be able to see a wide area on the east (as this is the highest peak until the inner coast range) as well as the ocean.

For the ocean see above - you couldn't see it b/c of the clouds shown in the photo. As for the east, I was focused on the ocean so didn't think of taking any photos that direction. Perhaps you can when you visit? :-)
Posted Apr 10, 2002 12:23 pm

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

John, Thanks for the added info. I did miss the photo of the summit. I also didn't realize the picture of the fog clouds was taken from the summit. It looks like a fine view, with or without the fog. When I go up there I'll take a picture of Yolla Bolly, Trinity Alps if they're visible...

Posted Apr 12, 2002 1:27 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nicely done! The Lost Coast is a beautiful area. I'll have to climb King's Peak sometime.
Posted Oct 29, 2002 8:10 am

DigglerUntitled Comment

Diggler

great page, John
Posted May 22, 2003 5:47 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Thanks for the vote Dirk. This is a gorgeous area. Thinking of heading up here some time?
Posted May 22, 2003 11:06 pm

DigglerUntitled Comment

Diggler

it was a beautiful area (what I could see of it through the fog, anyway); see summit log
Posted May 27, 2003 5:35 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like a mellow area. Must be "lost " because

rte 1, which I figured went from Tijuana to Oregon, veers inland here abouts.
Posted Dec 21, 2004 2:48 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

An interesting page. The lost coast seems fascinating.
Posted May 7, 2005 8:14 pm