Viewing: 1-6 of 6
brendon

brendon - Oct 8, 2006 10:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Gangolf style

Nice pano trick... I should do one of those again, but it's hard work!

What software do you use for stiching together your panoramas?

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 9, 2006 12:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gangolf style

Yes, the labelling is tedious! On the other hand you finally get to know what you actually saw at that time. I've learned a lot preparing these panoramas.

Software? I use ArcSoft's Panorama Maker, mainly because of its ease of use. It can be very cumbersome with large numbers of pictures, stitched to 360° pano. 12 seems to be the limit I can work with (1GB RAM) for larger numbers it takes forever...

brendon

brendon - Oct 9, 2006 5:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Gangolf style

Hmmm...

I use the same software, but my panos always seem to curve. Any solution to that? Yours look clean.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 10, 2006 6:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Gangolf style

Hmmm... (again) - hard to say. I had (and still have) some of these panos too - the horizont just stays curved, more or less regardless of the stitching program you use. The reasons? Or what to avoid? Low focal length panos for sure since wide angle shots are distorted at their edges where it counts for stitching. You might be able to stitch them all right but a slight tilt of the camera on one shot will fuck up the result.

Also don't point the camera upwards (e.g. panorama of a mountain taken from its base) since the perspective will produce a fisheye effect. You can do away with part of this by using the trapezee crop function of photoshop.

Try playing around with the "focal length" function in Panorama Maker - it might help. Also, sometimes the three points to characterize each stich are very close together (based on maximum contrast, I think), try placing them all over the height of the panorama. If that fails, place one of the points somewhere where it doesn't hurt and try to "unbend" the picture by placing the two pins slightly apart from each other on the respective shots.

Most important - never tilt the camera in between shots - be fast - don't take too much time. Heavy cameras help - my Minolta 7D is so heavy it simply doesn't tilt easily ;-)

Lupino

Lupino - Oct 9, 2006 6:09 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page...

I'll try to find the Italian name of some peaks.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 9, 2006 7:53 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page...

Oh, I know all except for the ones on the Jaufenkamm ridge: Fleckner, Saxner, Glaitner Hochjoch :-)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Kleine Kreuzspitze / Piccola Punta di Monte Croce' main page