rokajOne

Vid PogachnikRe: One

Vid Pogachnik

Hvala :-)
Posted Mar 6, 2006 8:58 pm

EastKingGreat page!!!!!!!!!

EastKing

I always look forward to seeing your pages. This page is no different.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 8:39 am

Vid PogachnikRe: Great page!!!!!!!!!

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks! It's not a very attractive mountain, but every area offers something different :-)
Posted Mar 7, 2006 2:37 pm

rokajRe: Great page!!!!!!!!!

rokaj

As you said "every area offers something different". For somebody this place is maybe boring one, for somebody else: Heaven on Earth.
Posted Mar 7, 2006 6:23 pm

Lee StammLovely

Lee Stamm

Your customary beautiful work.
Posted Mar 9, 2006 3:26 am

Vid PogachnikRe: Lovely

Vid Pogachnik

:-)
Posted Mar 9, 2006 10:32 am

gabr1ski touring

gabr1

Hi vid, nice page, i was looking for info on this ridge online and i could find nothing, obviously the only page with info is yours :-)
i was wondering: do you think it would be an easy tour to try and traverse the ridge in winter? and take skis too? my ideal project would be to try and ski through the whole ridge, walikng when necessary, but some of your pics show a really narrow ridge...
While i'm not worried about fatigue and long effort, i'm not sure my skiing skills are enough to attempt something too risky. Do you have any advice?
Posted Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Vid PogachnikRe: ski touring

Vid Pogachnik

Hi Gabriele,

uh, doing this ridge with skis would not be something what I would think of. Not because of fatigue and long effort, not even because of narrow ridge and danger, but mostly because it's not worth doing that. It's not that kind of a tour. Hundred times little up and little down. Except the last descent almost no skiing. Skiing is joy, so you should have at least some longer slopes to enjoy skiing. On the other hand, if you would really want to do the whole ridge in winter (I'd say not many people did it - if any) the question arises how to do it' With skis? Snowshoes? Only shoes and crampons in hard snow? I would not know. In any case the whole ridge is a real challenge, ha, ha!

Regarding dangers for skiing - there should not be too much fresh snow, because you need also to cross slopes. On the other hand, snow should also not be very hard or even icy, because of a few steep sections. And take crampons and ice pick, of course. Steep is especially Briniza.

By the whole ridge I understood the part east of Torre river (what is on this page). The part west of Torre (Chiampon ridge) is even less appropriate.

Cheers!
Vid
Posted Dec 22, 2010 3:13 pm

gabr1Re: ski touring

gabr1

i'd be interested in trying to to traverse the ridge. I think i will look for some information and get prepared, if my usual companion is willing to come too.
If you have any more detailed info on the route i would be happy if you could send it to me, or give links on where to find some.
Ps, not with skis, after what you told me i think snow shoes or crampons are better.
Posted Dec 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Vid PogachnikRe: ski touring

Vid Pogachnik

More information?
I am not sure if you saw also the route page here on SP: Crossing Gran Monte - Stol Range.

The link is: http://www.summitpost.org/crossing-gran-monte-stol-range/427298
Posted Dec 23, 2010 7:53 am

gabr1Re: ski touring

gabr1

yes, i already read it, thank you, but as things go, one always has the feeling information is never enough.
Posted Dec 23, 2010 8:43 am