Koch Peak Comments

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Good work on a remote mountain. Please add some route info.
Posted Aug 20, 2002 7:54 am

Diego SahagĂșnUntitled Comment

Diego SahagĂșn

The same as I've said in Mount Washburn page iceaxeman, very interesting to encounter grizzlies or wolves there ;-)

Don't give in
Posted Nov 17, 2002 3:04 pm

PopoffUntitled Comment

Nice page, good info.
Posted Nov 18, 2002 9:16 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

The approach is more challenging than the mtn. I've seen black bears in the woods in Maine and they got my attention-but I think that they are less ill humored and definitely smaller. In fact my brother in law was driving us back from hike in Maine- and a bear came out of the forest thru the ferns toward the road. I rolled up my window and the bear kept running and hit our moving car. Carl had swerved into the left lane-No cars in the forest. It hit my door and then the passenger rear tire and kept on running across the road. My door was stove in pretty well. Very odd behavior for a black bear.
Posted Jul 28, 2003 8:11 am

b.Untitled Comment

b.

Good information, especially about the Grizzly bears, but wolves don't make the travel any more difficult than the mountain goats.
Posted Jul 30, 2003 11:37 am

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

It would be nice if the websites for the outfitters and forest were hyper links - see FAQ #8.

Posted Dec 10, 2003 9:54 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Better
Posted Dec 16, 2003 2:24 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for updating the wolf bit. Your original misconception is not at all unusual: because of the legends and lore surrounding wolves, it's a common perception that the animal has been responsible over the years for many human fatilities. The reality is that there is only one (!) documented case of a wolf-caused fatality--that occurring relatively recently, a couple years ago in BC, Canada, with the cause being traced back to the unusual circumstance of campers having fed the wolf--a loner, and not part of a pack--which had in turn lost all fear of humans, and (no doubt) had begun looking on any campsite as its own personal food source. Wolves are an amazing and interesting wild animal, and certainly are fierce and lethal enough when in pursuit of game, but they simply don't bother people.

Posted Feb 28, 2005 1:54 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

The wolves are gone. Now watch, next time I climb there, I'll be attacked and killed by the wolves. Thanks for voting.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 5:56 pm