(See the page) Use the Shemshak Dizin road or Karaj-Chalous-Dizin road and reach the Dizin ski resort upper parking (3200m) Kooloonbastak is the the tallest thing you see and he south route is obvious.
* Base of the route is 3200m so this might be the easiest 4000m plus climb in Alborz
* The route is a walkup + some optional scrambling if desired in summer, but heavy deep snow makes it much harder at winter, early spring and late autumn.
* To hike this is a better choise than Tochal, the air is so fresh no headaches and getting tired and the sun is not burning.
* No water source at summer
* Takes about 4 hours to reach the top, best to be at base 5am.
* All the time you have the view of the summit on this route and the route is so obvious you won't loose it if the weather is ok.
1- You will see a big antenna on a hill by the parking climb the hill up
2- Climb north-east there until you will see the deep valley at your left and the west face of Kooloonbastak.
3- Climb the blue rocky part of the route to east.
4- Climb up the steeper ridge up to north a mix of rocks and scree.
5- Before reaching the blue rocky mass of the summit take care of the steep slippery scree.
6- Summit !
When snowy crampon and snow clothes needed, maybe a route makes it safer but no need for rock climbing gears.
If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.