Viewing: 1-7 of 7
FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Aug 5, 2009 12:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Okay

it WAS worth the wait. Nice report and the photos are, as usual, superb. There are a lot of peaks to identify in your photos. Your writing was enjoyable to read and easy to follow. A very worth addition to the spectacular Glacier National Park!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 5, 2009 3:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Okay

Thanks Blake—it was a nice day, made a bit challenging by the horrible wind on the upper reaches, and then we sorta took a wrong turn descending through the bushwhack...but so what; all in all...nice!

(Any idea on the one peak still not a hundred percent identified—is what I'm listing as Mount Thompson correct?)

samh

samh - Aug 6, 2009 4:05 pm - Voted 10/10

A new find in Glacier

I can't say I've ever heard of Kupunkamint before. What a treat to learn about a new peak. Thank you.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 7, 2009 3:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A new find in Glacier

Thanks for the compliment, Sam. Coming from the east (which I assume from Bozeman you do), you've seen Kupunkamint many times, and just not realized what it was you were looking at. Glad to help out! If you do the mountain, plan on doing White Calf, as well. That'd be a nice day....

sanfordstone

sanfordstone - Aug 13, 2009 9:13 pm - Hasn't voted

All the way around

Has anyone started this climb from the saddle between Divide and White Calf (near where the divide climb starts)? The crazy weather this summer has had a rather negative effect on my climbing but this one is close enough to home that I could go at a moment's notice. I'd like to swing from White Calf over Kupunkamint, Kakitos, and finally to Curly Bear. The plan is to check out the old lookout (or whatever is left of it) and then hike down to the red eagle trail. Edwards gives a quick description of this route and doesn't mention any serious climbing. I was just hoping that somebody out there may have a trip report with some more details and info on how long of a day I'm looking at.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 15, 2009 10:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: All the way around

Contact SP member jimegan. He signed the Kupunkamint Summit Log, stating he has done the exact loop you mention.

(You live in Babb during the summer?—I am sooo envious!!!!)

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 24, 2011 8:25 pm - Voted 10/10

What a beautiful page!

I miss you, Saintgrizzly!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Kupunkamint Mountain' main page