Laramie Peak Comments

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page! Good photos and overview of this peak. have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Sep 19, 2004 10:45 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Nice page. You've got some good photos as well.
Posted Sep 20, 2004 5:25 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

I have waited for someone to put up a page for this mountain! Eastern/Central Wyoming has a lot of interesting peaks, but so much focus is on the Tetons and the Wind River...as well as the Big Horns. I drove through Wyoming, and found a lot of amazing country out there! Some of the photos you put up resemble the Black Hills little bit, so I can tell this is a far different kind of mountain range than you wind in Northwestern Wyoming.

One suggestion:

Put the Glendo, Wyoming weather forecast in the links section. There is a way to get it to link directly from the main page, but you have to use HTML to do that.

href=website>text

you can try that, but it is tricky and often doesn't work correctly, so just put that information in the links section.

Great Job!!!
Posted Sep 23, 2004 3:54 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

I think the overview could be a little stronger, but overall well done. Here's a bit of info for you: Laramie is Wyoming's eigth most prominent peak.
Posted Nov 23, 2004 3:26 pm

skunk apeNice!

skunk ape

Nice page!
Posted Oct 30, 2007 6:38 pm

eric-grizSnowshoeing?

eric-griz

You write that the ascent would make a great snowshoe. How would one get to the trailhead to snowshoe up this thing in the winter? Perhaps this should be removed.
Posted Jun 27, 2009 11:30 am

Trevor SimmonsRe: Snowshoeing?

Trevor Simmons

Thanks for the comment, Eric. But one hardly needs to get to the trailhead to enjoy snowshoeing up a mountain that is, compared to other peaks in the Rockies, quite short and relatively easy. In any case, my friends and I have hiked Laramie Peak in December, January, and February, and the roads are usually clear to just two miles or so short of the TH. Just snowshoe the access road and you'll be to the mountain in no time. It could be worse in the later spring months, but a one-day snowshoe trip is still very manageable.
Posted Jul 8, 2009 12:59 am

eric-grizRe: Snowshoeing?

eric-griz

Sorry,
I just know from my personal experience in November of 2005 that I was not able to get anywhere near the trailhead. Most of the road was clear, but deep drifts of snow prevented me from getting much past Esterbrook.
Posted Jul 31, 2009 10:35 pm